Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for safe and effective weed removal methods in rented property

• 30-08-2024 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi there, looking for alternatives to remove weeds from the paving between cobblestones at the house I'm renting.

I tried using a weeder knife with a pole, but it's not ideal because I have some back pain, and even kneeling hurts. I also discarded using boiling water—while it seems effective, I'd have to pour liters of it, and the kitchen (where I boil the water) is quite far, so it's not very practical. Chemical sprays are not an option, and neither is a gas-based weed burner.

I've considered a pressure washer, but I've read that it might affect the mortar under the slabs, potentially damaging the structure or patio. I also tried vinegar, but it didn't work at all.

Since I'm renting this house, I'd like to avoid using anything that might cause harm or damage to the property.

Any hints are appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement