Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farm Road/ Track Permissions

• 31-08-2024 8:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Posting in farming forum for real life experiences. Here goes…

If have a Section 5 declaration from the Council for an exempt Class 6 building but I need to put in an access crushed stone road from the current agricultural entrance within the folio to it for both shed construction & general access once built.
    This entrance is from a private road within my folio.
    Question - is the addition of a new internal farm road from current agricultural entrance to the shed allowed in the Section 5 declaration or require a separate planning permission application.
    It feels intuitive that to construct the building you’d need to be able to access the build site but the declarations appear to be very specific to the buildings itself & not ancillary works. I have included a ‘proposed gravel road’ in the application drawings showing it from the entrance to the shed.

Whiles my instinct is to just get on with it I’ve 1-2 neighbors 100’s of yards away that would ‘take interest’ here

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭148multi

What width is the public road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

The nearest public road is 800m away & greater than 4m.
    This is an entrance from a private road & entrance already exists with no proposed changes to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭cjpm

The OP says it’s from a private road that’s within his/her own folio.

Sometimes it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

I’m with you there.
    I’d like to have a better understanding going there though. I will likely talk to the LA due to said neighbors but again a little learning from others experiences would help in advance

Advertisement