Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir WiFi dropping, router or the company?

• 31-08-2024 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi all,
    We switch providers each year since we have moved here to be economical.

First year was Eir, then Vodafone now back with Eir.

We had issues with Eir constantly dropping and we thought it was the bandwidth. However when we moved to Vodafone, the internet dropped once the whole year. Back with Eir again and constantly dropping again.

Always mid morn to the middle of the day the. 5pm to 7 there will be decal drops, Friday from 3pm and now Saturday it’s been gone since 11am.

I can survive however my daughter will have her HPAT in February and needs to have a reliable connection. We don’t renew until July. Is there anything we can do? Is there any back ups that I can buy like a 5G dongle that is not with Eir?? Will that even working. I thought Vodafone used the same line as the neighbours but they aren’t having any issues (neighbours (5 in our road) are a combination of Vodafone and Sky and Eir.

We don’t have a lot of smart devices, gaming computers etc but these issues are happening when it’s just me in the house working as well as when everyone is home. so it’s not when we are using excessive bandwidth.

I want to try and exhaust everything I can do before I have to talk to humans and get fobbed off with turn it off and on again, leave it off for 1 minute, press reset etc. Until I’m ready bang me head off a brick wall

Advertisement