Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autumn 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

this is the +120 chart on Sept 1 for Friday, looks great with high pressure building over us but it isn’t going to happen … just shows an accurate forecast isn’t possible beyond five days, not a lot different from 50 years ago I suppose?

maybe it’s time to start getting seriously worried about that N Atlantic ‘blob’

Post edited by Elmer Blooker on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Intense showers here this evening in Meath.

Hope there a few dry days ahead in forecast. Well at least for a public transport commute tomorrow lol

12⁰ Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

That's it I surrender the heating is now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭compsys

I wonder are the models struggling with the changing climate?

Though you wouldn't think it here this summer, the world has never been hotter in recent history. Most of Europe had its hotter summer and/or August on record.

Parts of north west Europe, which had a cool summer, had a record breaking May.

I wonder do the models need to be tweaked?

Mind you, they've never been perfect. It's just we notice it more for good weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sunshine blue skys and Sun. Sounds lovely but the Northerly wind would cut you in two. 10C. Leitrim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

If this comes to pass on Friday, I'll be a happy man! Similar conditions for you in Carrick, @Dazler97

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Another cool, damp morning. As per the norm, it's grey, very grey.

Anyhow, weekend looks good, but looks to be relatively cool next week, but alas, i'll be basking in Sunshine in Costa Adeje for a few weeks. Might take a trip down memory lane and see what Veronicas(was a dump in Las Americas) is like these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Gorgeous morning in Galway. Blue skies.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭gilly1910

Absolutely brutal week so far here in the East, Monday was horrendous and yesterday wasn't much bettter, doesn't look like there will be much of an Indian Summer this September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

veronicas, ha, i spent 2 weeks there every night in 97/98 when i was 16/17, we thought it was the pinnacle of nightlife in europe. linekars and all those sh*tholes.

parts of the island are supposed to be beautiful though, especially up north, i'm jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I saw a forecast on BBC last weekend (Stav Danaos I’m certain) and he said :

….we don’t know what’s going to happen, either high pressure will build from the Atlantic or low pressure over S England will dominate pushing rain north …

unfortunately but not unexpected it is the latter, still a very honest forecast it has to said.

what chance do we mere mortals on a weather forum have when the pros don’t even know what’s happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

25c possible tomorrow.
    Warm and humid with spells of sunshine occurring widely. However, by evening time, thundery rain may affect southern counties, especially coastal areas. Highs of 21 to 25 degrees in moderate northeasterly winds.

A nice day here

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Rugbyf565

fair enough, apple weather now telling me it’ll be 21 degrees and sunny tomorrow. Tell you, these irregular weather cycles are really messing with my senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Rugbyf565

• Advertisement

Cheers Monk,

Yes, we must be of a similar Vintage.

Veronica's, Bobby & Busby's…….I could share stories but they wouldn't be appropriate for this site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

ha, bobbys, i loved that place, i had some first time experiences on those holidays i tell ya. and that big irish bar on top called the shamrock i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

cool and grey today. Like the summer minus about 3 degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A beautiful day over much of Mayo Sligo and Donegal with Knock Sligo and Donegal Airports reporting clear skies. NE breeze

EISG 051230Z 02011KT CAVOK 17/// Q1024

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭gilly1910

25 degrees, yet grey and wet, hardly much point is there. The only advantage is that it will be warm.

• Advertisement

Ye, it was call the Shamrock, they used to entice you in with two free shots of petrol……….One thing i do remember about one holiday is sharing a pillow with a cockroache next to me and waking up waggling it's antenna thingy's about half an inch from my nose

Good times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

25° will be were there are prolonged sunny spells. Any places that are grey or wet will be a lot cooler. You need to use some basic common sense when a forecast calls for cloud and rain in some places and sunshine in other places, that higher temperatures are most likely to be where the sunshine is and the cooler temperatures would be where the cloud or rain is. Please note that this does not necessarily apply during the winter months or in late autumn/early spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Strange type of day, occasional sunny breaks but mostly cloudy and feeling cold in that northerly wind. I have the fire light now. It would appear other counties are faring much better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭pureza

The NE wind off the Irish sea is crazy here in Arkliw,very loud and very wintry gusting 50kmh

Dull as ditchwater too

it’s hard to believe at this stage that tomorrow is going to be the day forecasted. Not saying it won’t but today is so dull breezy and on the cool side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I'm actually in Dublin till Saturday so I'll miss the 1 day wonder 😕 be 21c here in rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Thunder87

Been an awful start to the month in Dublin considering the talk last week about warm settled weather. It briefly threatened to brighten up around lunch time today but overall a dark, cool and very windy day

Rain is getting closer to the waterford and wexford coast

I can see it slate grey in the direction of that rain here in south Wicklow but I don't think its going to reach this far

Theres some heavy bursts in it

A very mild, but grey and blustery morning, however, things should pick up by mid-morning. A promising 48 hours head that should feel more than acceptable.

As crap as this Summer has been,(yes, we're in Autumn) when we have had some settled days, they have seem to have been at the weekends in my experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Needmoretea

Dublin 9, I feel like we've been enveloped in cloud since the beginning of September, apart from sunny spells and showers on Wednesday, it's like summer all over again. Cool breeze, cloud, dull. I hope the rest of the country is faring better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Artane2002

There's been only 7 hours of sunshine so far this month at Dublin Airport, 5.7 hours of which came on Wednesday as you mention, with every other day having less than an hour each if any sun at all. This is very unsustainable but to give context to how bad this is, if the month continued with this rate of sunshine, then it would finish quite a bit duller than a typical December! Casement is even worse at 6.5 hours and very wet with nearly half the month's worth of rain already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

beautiful morning in rural longford. so warm under the sun, slight breeze and barely a cloud in sky

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Thunder87

Reality:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A little bit of a Wicklow Mountain shadow breaking up the cloud into Kilkenny/Carlow area.

Can we expect to see the sun in Dublin today ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

With the humidity and the wind direction, low cloud has been expected here in the east though not sure why the Met failed to mention this. If we look at the same satellite imagery past few hours, we can see it attempting to dissipate as the front meanders to our south and bring the wind more directly north offshore which should in theory bring clearer weather.

It's bright here in Donaghmede and a fair bit calmer than yesterday's hurricane winds (ok gross exaggeration) but still rather breezy and a hazy look to the sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Cloud burning off in Galway. It will be a very pleasant afternoon and evening. Lovely warm breeze.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

20°c in Knock airport at midday. Wonder what the highest we get today will be?

Sun is out, clouds have dissipated and with that the temperature has increased to an impressive 21c. Warm, blustery, but feels nice

N Kildare

Your posts are absolutely brilliant as is your photography . Really great. If you have 2 mins would you mind having a look at a question I asked in f1t120 summer thread , and set my mind at Ease? Only if you have a minute of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Turning into a stunning day in Dublin

Warm air is certainly here

50kmh wind off the Irish sea,yet air temp of 21c in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Windy morning on Hill of Tara. Hazy. Sun broke through at 11. Stunning up there, thereafter.

21⁰ Meath back down from the hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Needmoretea

Lovely now in Dublin. Clouds are burning off. I'm happy again 🙂

not a sign of the sun here. Grey slate as usual. Hopefully sun appears this pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭esposito

Sun finally out in south Dublin. Finally some warmth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Dense cloud on the south coast, very very dull, warm and muggy tho 19c.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Beautiful warm day here in Meath. The north east breeze will always knock a couple of degrees off the possible highest temperatures due to exposure. Great to have clear blue skies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement