Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autumn 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭highdef

Almost 23° now near Ardagh, Longford. Feeling very pleasant now, so much so that I'm wearing shorts...... Needs to be properly warm before I don shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭pureza

21.8c here in Arklow which is incredible given the strong NE wind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

24.1c Finner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Not a hint of it in Cork - this is some of the thickest cloud I've seen for some time, and thats saying something. Very muggy, heavy day but very quiet and peaceful.

I won't begrudge this one too much though, as the same low pressure is giving steady/heavy rain to SE England which absolutely urgently needs water.

Nudging 23c here near Arklow,my favourite tree on the farm

Behind it you can see some mid level instability/acca meaning,yes a stray thunder shower can't be ruled out next couple of days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Robwindstorm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭glightning

A small taste of continental warm air and crystal clear skies here in Co.Antrim today. Easily the best day of the entire year.

I think so

We used have a swing on it as kids and throw a hammock up on it for days like these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

3pm

25 degrees at Markree Castle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Absolutely beautiful here in Inverin. Blue skies, warm breeze from the NE, clear water. Great day for a dip and quick dry off.

Hopefully tomorrow is as nice on the north coast of Connacht (Enniscrone). Days like these are like hen's teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭highdef

25° at Mount Dillon, my closest synoptic station. Also 25° at my house in rural longford.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just scraping 18c (17.9c atm) in Greystones with a stiff NE breeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

25.5 degrees here in the north east but definitely doesn’t feel it with the wind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

21.6C in glorious sun with a NNE breeze off the sea, really amazing conditions in south Dublin for 1km from the coast. Air very damp so feeling warmer than it is. Summers last hurrah.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Today’s setup would also be very interesting if we were in middle of winter. Same Synoptics bring warmth today would potentially bring proper cold in winter. Tracking the isobars back from Ulster brings you to Ukraine / far south of Russia.

5pm

Finner 25 degrees

Mullingar 25 degrees

Mount Dillon 25 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Condor24

24.6 max in N. Offaly. 24.0 now cooling off. Beautiful afternoon, one of the best this year. Shame it's a one day wonder.

Tomorrow should be similar in the northern half I’d have thought. Two day wonder for some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

N Tipp warmest day of the year 25.7°C finally breaking 25.3 in May

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Lovely and sunny and warm here in rathfarnham 21c currently of course it has to be 24c in carrick the one time I'm not there , I'm enjoying every minute of this especially before autumn properly arrives , hopes some more days this month even reach 21c fingers crossed 🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don't think I've experienced a day this nice during our so called summer in Dublin but I was away last weekend. Just beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Brief spell of sunshine in Cork this evening but clouded over again. Cloud hanging on for dear life to the south coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dairyedge

it’s nights like these you wonder why not just sell up and move abroad. Best evening all year.

20c at 8pm of a september evening in Arklow

Nice !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Never seen dublin so busy at night with revellers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mykrodot

about as far south in Kerry as you can go today, Kilmakilloge harbour, near Tuosist. It wasn't record breaking sunshine, but balmy, warm, calm, silent, serene….. utterly unreal (and the crowds are gone!).

Sometimes the skies and the reflections on water are better on rare days like this, rather than blazing sunshine. When the sun came out it was golden and glowing, not bright and harsh. A pet day. I hope tomorrow is the same.

Enjoy your pint (pints). You have me thirsty , l must crack open a rockshore, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thunder87

Sitting out on the balcony in shorts and t-shirt with a cold beer here, something most countries can take for granted at this time of year but I think there's only been 2 or 3 days its felt warm enough to do so here all year.

When I lived abroad in much warmer countries I always loved the calmness and silence of sitting out late on summer nights, it's just not something we get to enjoy half enough here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭OldRio

Best day of the year. 23C and a hazy sun. Lovely day. Even that strong wind couldn't spoil it.

Leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

Well said, nothing bates a balmy Mediterranean night at 1am and sipping away on a few 330ml local lagers out on the balcony to the hum of an A/C unit whilst the nippers turn in for their second snore. Six nights of bliss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Another cracker of a morning out west.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Serious FOMO reading these posts from Cork. Blanket of heavy cloud cover all day yesterday and today by the looks of it. No sunshine for us.

Several 20 degrees on the 11am reports. Will be a while before i type that again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Caught under the cloud bank again here today near Tralee. 15.8C atm did clear yesterday evening and a part of the night letting the temp down to 11.9C and quite heavy fog this morning, a kind of damp haziness still in the air but should clear as the day goes on. Calm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

First properly cloudy day since I left Ireland. 25c and very cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms.should be very sunny again from tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Sun starting to break through in Dublin...nice warmth in the air.

Another beautiful day here in Meath. But it's time to bring in the sticks for the winter in the aul Massey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Darwin

Cloud finally lifting here (SW Laois), should be another fine day!

Suns out too in Arklow after a dull start

Up to 22.2c already,might compete with yesterday yet ?

• Advertisement

Mount Dillon doing nicely 24 degrees at 1pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,262 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

In Berlin and it's 32°c, feels mad to experience a bit of heat.

Shock horror,in lovely sunny Arklow,we've beaten yesterdays high despite the sea breeze

22.7c atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Lovely and sunny 🌞 here in rathfarnham can't wait to get back to carrick to my own bed 21c at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 41 goingmadted

Cloud won't fck off from Clare.

One day of summer wasn't bad I spose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Lovely photo. Is that ash you are burning? I see some dreaded dieback in the trees behind the tractor (top left).

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭glitterIsland

The good weather comes the minute children goes back to school. I mean like, come on. I vote for children to never ever get school summer holidays ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Last Friday and Saturday and now this Friday and Saturday have been probably the best days of the year so far here in Dublin...didn't expect to be having a bbq at this time of the year...Autumn is the new Summer

Yeah, it's ash. Alot of ash fell in my area during storm Isha. Some trees as you rightly pointed out are riddled with dieback. I believe the whitethorn is now under threat too thanks again to imports. It's a shame because I never seen so many haws as this year. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ascophyllum

I'm not sure of the exact temp but on a beach in West Mayo that's sheltered from the North wind and it feels very very hot, blazing sun, feels like somewhere from 23-26 when the breeze lightens every now and then.

Advertisement