Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faux brick walls interior look

• 01-09-2024 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, i'm looking add fake brick wall look to a painted attic converted room. Anyone know where is the best to buy the equipment or anyone with experience of doing similar?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 Brickie777

There are a company called brickslips ireland who supply all the materials you are looking for , I haven't bought from them myself , but have done a few buildings using these products, are you planning to do the job yourself ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Planning to do it myself but if it's too tricky or expensive I'll knock it on the head. Even something as simple as wallpaper, if it looked good I'd be interested.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

you can get samples of vinyl wallpaper to try out at home - example below - is it a big wall or just a small panel ? I know someone who has similar to what I linked below and it looks fine - they have it in their home office

https://www.worldofwallpaper.com/ie/theme/textured/brick-effect-vinyl-wallpaper-red-grandeco-a28901.html?gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAoMd1lKq6UZlAvewqZXCdg2xuOsgP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvrzckfyjiAMVb5FQBh30Ji3cEAQYDiABEgIu3fD_BwE

It's a fairly large wall, 15 ft by 9 feet. I'm thinking wallpaper is probably easiest route to go?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

the “bricks” can also be purchased as as ceramic blocks- maybe 60cm x 30xm or similar in some places - so it’s not like you have to plaster up the bricks one by one - obviously there’s the permanency aspect of wall tiles to consider - I say get samples of both and then decide - is it just yourself that will be looking at this as a home office or is it an entertainment room or something else? Obviously with tiles you need to assess your own skills in this area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Temu have plenty different types for sale.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If it's not as expected you get full refund and probably be told not to bother returning it, worse case scenario you get free returns up to 90 days after purchase.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement