Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhones on adverts.ie

• 01-09-2024 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6

Hi all. Anyone have experience of purchasing new iPhones on adverts? There are lots of accounts with immaculate feedback selling iPhone 15 pro max (brand new) for ~€1050

It's a good bit cheaper than the usual retail options. I know they are probably imported but they are still authentic and work as well as the Irish stock?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I have bought my last 3 iPhones from trusted dealers on Adverts and had no issues whatsoever. Look for dealers with good feedback and longstanding accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Chefjom

same here, last 3 have been brand new sealed.

I’ve bought MacBooks also, the reason for cheap macs seems to be not paying vat, maybe same for phones…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭chrisire

I always buy my daughters iPhones from adverts,been doing so for the last 5 years,just use the shops with lots of good feedback,never had any problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gmacww

No reason but discount the above but also be careful. I bought one off an adverts seller who also has physical stores and immaculate feedback. Came with 12 month warranty and after a couple of weeks the battery went. They replaced it but after a short while the replacement batter expanded and pushed the screen out. Apparently because this was a replacement part it wasn't covered under the initial warranty and I had to pay for the repair. Few weeks later there is a rattle in the phone. I brought it back and they refused to even acknowledge that they sold the phone. Got very aggressive with me so I left it and brought it to a local shop and just paid them to replace the battery.

They asked me where I got it done previously and showed me the battery. Cheap chinese one that wasn't even for an iphone. So just be careful I'd say. I can private message you the name of that seller if you like.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

yes, I’ve bought loads over the years.

Do the normal research on the seller and if a shop, then collect from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement