Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indicating right when exiting a roundabout???

• 03-09-2024 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭

Something I've been encountering more and more frequently in recent years is vehicles indicating right as they exit a roundabout, rather than indicating left as you pass the exit before the one you intend to exit. It sends out very confusing signals with regards to a drivers intentions. I'm assuming this new widespread phenomenon is just pure laziness/bad driving…….would others assume that this is the case? I just want to be sure I didn't miss a memo with regards to changes of the the ROTR!

Another increasingly common occurrence is a car going straight on (180°) at a roundabout where it indicates right whilst approaching in the left lane and then indicates left at the first exit at 90°…….OR, as is becoming more common, the same scenario but indicating right from the approach until after exiting straight ahead. This is a particularly disconcerting action when there are two lanes for straight ahead (and two at the exit) and where I'm in the right lane and the car to my left's indicator is signalling intent to take the 3rd exit (at 270°) which is obviously going to be a conflict, so I have to hang back as I have to assume the vehicle to my left is taking the 3rd exit and is in the incorrect lane.

Or, to summarise, is the level of driving just getting worse and worse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭tphase

a flashing indicator signals the bulb is working...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

There's a very large percentage of drivers who haven't a clue how to indicate correctly at roundabouts or who just don't care. Don't get me started about lane discipline at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Experienced the first case a lot. Signalling right immediately before taking a left off the roundabout.

No idea why, but generally people are so awful at driving through roundabouts I just don't trust anyone at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blackbox

Don't expect other drivers to do the right thing and you won't be so disappointed.

Of course they should be indicating left when leaving a roundabout.

Advertisement