Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxing a crewcab

• 03-09-2024 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Do you need to jump thru hoops to tax one like giving a tax statement .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If you want to tax it commercially you'll need a tax clearance certificate amongst other things.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Assuming it's an N1 crewcab you will be by default taxing at the CC rate (even past '08) as emissions based taxing is only for M1 class cars.

If you want to tax it commercially then yes you will need to provide commercial insurance, sign goods only declaration, and probably proof of business registration (this depends on the county)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭homingbird

Would a herd number satisfy the tax office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Whocare

not even for normal jeep not in cork anyway. For normal jeep you will need goods only declaration in all tax office stamp by garda and if it crewcab you will need crewcab declaration form in some tax office too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭goochy

Does fact its crew cab mean you have to have a certain no of employees ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Just look up the motor tax section on your local authority website.

There will be a list of the documentation required to tax commercial.

If you present all that with your application you will be ok.

Yes some tax office you need put down 3 pps number of your workers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭mulbot

Depends on the Office, in Carlow,( if it's a new, first time tax in the vehicle you need,RF100 form) , commercial insurance, the goods declaration form signed by garda, and letter showing your registered with revenue as sole trader or company.

If your an employee and it's new, they look for most of above,(RF100 if new) , a letter from Employer stating a few requirements, I. E. Nature of business, that you're an employee, their company name, address, your PPS no.,. And the goods only declaration form, signed by Garda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭homingbird

I found this info online not as scary as a few posters listed .

https://www.completevan.ie/features/commercial-suvs-explained/

Well that Article is load of nonsense. If I want tax van/jeep in cork after newly bought it I will need fill out goods only declaration and get it stamped in garda station with information on it about my business and tax registration number and will send that off to tax office with proof of commercial insurance and fee ect

But in some tax office if you taxing a crewcab you will need send crewcab declaration form aswell

If I was you look at local motor tax website to see what you need

• Advertisement
Advertisement