Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite non-Irish radio presenter(s)

• 03-09-2024 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

Who are some international radio hosts you like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

James O'Brien

Carol Vorderman

I listen to Anderson Cooper on CNN via the internet, does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Ryan Turbitity

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭CylonXIII

Steve Downes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Tony Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭its_steve116

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

He's a bit obscure.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

Nick Abbot - Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights on LBC

Howard Hughes - once part of Chris Tarrant's Capital Radio Breakfast Show, more recently the host of The Unexplained on Talk Radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

Nick Abbot has to be be one of the best shows on radio. I really enjoy his style of presentation.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights from ten on LBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭sliabh 1956

James O Brien especially the last few years during Brexit and the Tory goverment tearing itself apart I enjoy his Thursday 12 to 1 slot where listeners ask and give answers to obscure questions allways worth a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

I like Nick Abbot too, very funny guy but last month or so I cannot listen to him due to his rabid TDS

He's very funny slagging Trump but when he gets serious about him (talking points directly from CNN/MSNBC and the Democrat party etc) he turns very ugly and unlistenable to me.

Now I sometimes listen to his Friday/Saturday show the day after on Youtube where I can fast forward.

OTOH, his podcast with Carol McGiffin is really good.

James O'Brien/Vorderman and the rest of LBCs lot, no chance.

BBC's Michael Buerk is excellent on The Moral Maze

PS I'm not commenting to start a war of words about Trump, so don't start! :-)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I like Abbot's style on LBC. His use of the sound effect stuff etc. - I'm not getting into the politics either.

Actually, I thought that Nigel Farage was very good on LBC when he was there. He had the the makings of a very good talk show host - if he could only get beyond his politics.

He couldn't/wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

I cannot get to enjoy James O Brien on LBC. I have listened many times but never warmed to his style.

As for Farage, when he was on LBC . I agree with expunge that his show was good but he did go ott on occasions. ( I am also not getting into politics here, )

And yes, LBC's Nick Abbot's use of the soundboards are a huge addition to the show. Strange they are only used on Friday and Saturday nights show, with Sunday being more serious in discussions.

Abbot explained one night that the instruction with taking over Sunday night that it was to be a more 'straight' show. One topic per hour, interviews with an expert/politician at the top of the hour and calls on the specific topic.

No sound effects of Boris being Peppa Pig, no referring to Trump supporters as "ding a lings" and playing the banjo music from Deliverance etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ken Bruce

Popmaster!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Sigma101

I enjoy the hour of Andrew Marr on LBC on Mondays to Thursdays. He spends no more than a few minutes on each topic- very concise and factual with well-informed guests (and mercifully with no input from the listenership).

Lewis Goodall is the new rising star at LBC. He's a great analyst has the impartiality that O'Brien never had. He now has his own show on Sunday mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Terry O'Reilly broadcasts from a 1969 Airstream trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sterlingwork

hands down- Jo Whiley. Fantastic music

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ZaK23-54

John Murray

Football Commentator At BBC Radio 5 Live

Advertisement