Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oops... High pressure kitchen tap

• 03-09-2024 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭

I got carried away today and ordered a kitchen tap without paying attention to hight/low water pressure…

The tap needs 1 bar... Can I keep it or do I need to return it? Amazon won't let me cancel the order.

I measured my water flow this evening and I'm getting about 100ml/second…

https://amzn.eu/d/3fBHz3O

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Presumably your kitchen tap supplies mains water on the cold side - so this should be fine.

If your hot water system isn’t pumped, then this won’t flow as fast. How high is the attic tank above the sink? Two story house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭John.G

100ml/sec or 6LPM isn't bad if the tap is supplied from a CWSC at a 5M, 0.5bar head, you should expect sq root (1.0/0.5)*6, 8.5LPM at a pressure of 1.0bar, do these high pressure taps give (spec)a flowrate at 1.0bar?, I've rarely if ever seen it. My kitchen (Hot) tap flows 4.5LPM from the CWST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Shoog

Have a Lidl tap on the sink and ours is an open system. Most kitchen taps are now designed for pressurized systems. The water from the hot side is a mere dribble compared to the cold. It's functional but a bit of a pain, but we mainly use the cold side so we can live with it.

I bet you will really struggle to find a kitchen tap not designed to work with a pressurized system as it would need a flow restrictor on the cold feed which I have never seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭John.G

Mine is a Franke Moselle, Franke seem to make taps suitable for gravity feed but again don't tell you the flowrate at say 0.5M, my tap has 1/2ins (12.5mm ID) copper tails but most now come with 8/10mm (6MM ID) flexible tails which will reduce the flowrate. As stated above, my hot (gravity fed) tap flows 4.5LPM and the cold mains (2bar dynamic) fed tap flows 8.7LPM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thanks for the help. its a two storey house & yes the hot water is on a pump from the first floor.

I'll go ahead and fit it, I've ordered a nozzle head for low pressure taps and might try it if i find the water pressure is too low.

It's amazing how quickly they can ship an order when you try to cancel it 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Advertisement