Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Aboard The Long Term Snow Train

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

That article is an absolute load of bollox.

I'm very much the opinion that climate is changing (It's always changing, and always has) but the vagueness and scaremongering in that article is just ridiculous. The below being the highlight

Temperatures in Europe will plummet if that happens, up to 15 degree for some northern European states, while Amazonian wet seasons will cease and sea levels threatening coastal cities would rise even faster than currently expected, by tens of centimetres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Technically I am a climate change denier, which in modern times practically makes me a flat earther(which Im not by the way).

My skepticism is around a lot of the projections and how the long term forcasts are achieved and how that affects global policy change.

I do believe the earth is warming. I do not believe we can stop it, much less reverse it. I'm very confused how sea levels will rise in our part of the world, as it seems to contradict basic physics.

For Ireland wetter and warmer does seem like the obvious outcome, with more serious storms. Not warmer as in more beach days, but more summers like we just had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Billcarson

If the current stopped we would likely end up with a more continental type of climate. Dryer overall, warmer in summer but much colder winters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

If the drift stops we will start getting winters like Canada. Dublin is on the same latitude as Newfoundland, Hamburg and Minsk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah I’m hugely sceptical myself as while I agree the climate is changing, if anything temperatures are rising. I’ve written in threads here before that mornings with white hoar frost are becoming somewhat of a novelty here in the west of Ireland where I’m based. Almost 40 years ago when I was walking to school a lot of winter mornings there certainly was more frost about. That being said, if the jetstream does shut off then yes it will get colder but I just can’t see how it will get wetter. The Jetstream is the conveyor belt for a lot of the wet mock that we get already. Turning that off can only mean dryer conditions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement