Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Jogger

• 05-09-2024 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Need to change my car and going crazy looking up everything online. Currently driving 2012 ford smax but they seem hard to get at the minute within my budget. Really want a 7 seater again that has 3 full seats in the middle and the Dacia Jogger is very enticing especially with the price point. There are a lot of 2022/2023 joggers on sale and my husband is worried why they are being traded in already. Is this really a red flag? Any advice or knowledge appreciated. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I don’t have any advice as to why they are being traded in, more than likely got to do with them being cheap, and probably costs very little to upgrade to a new car.
    I mean I imagine they are pretty reliable, if you are just looking for functionality , then there is nothing wrong with them. They run on the Renault Clio/captur platform.

Just the quality of the interior plastics and ergonomics wouldn’t be on a par with more expensive cars, if that doesn’t bother you then no issue with them.
    I actually drove a new Stepway today, and it drove nice .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭User1998

There are 10000 2022 & 2023 cars for sale on Donedeal and only 40 of them are Dacia Joggers

Post edited by User1998 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

My guess would be PCP as most of them are 24-36 months. Somebody bought on PCP and then changed before the term ended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭AFK123

I have just changed from a 172 grand scenic to a 222 jogger as the scenic was spending more time in the garage than with me.

I had lots of concerns to begin with but have driven the car for about 3k in last few months and have been very pleasantly surprised.

While it's only a 1 litre petrol engine there is reasonable exceleration and easily travels with 6 people and lots of luggage.

I would say at a minimum you go for middle spec but if you have the budget go top spec, only real difference is alloy wheels and inbuilt satnav so might not be important for you

I think the reason you see lots is that they are popular for hire companies and they are just upgrading regularly.

If you do go for it, worth trying to buy direct from Renault/Dacia dealer as I got a full 2 year warranty and breakdown assistance under some special program Renault do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭pawrick

Had a look at a jogger earlier in the year. Renault dealer advised me against the 1 litre engine and to hold out for the hybrid model which since came out. His thinking was in rural ireland the smaller engine wasnt up to it. No idea if he just hoped Id hold off for the more expensive model or if it was genuine advice.

Reason I considered the jogger was I had been in one abroad used as a taxi and found it very decent space wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

The Jogger in CEDAR GREEN or dusty grey looks great especially the green !

I saw the Jogger in the flesh and sat in it, didn't drive it but I really liked the interior.

I'd go for more basic version, no hybrid to keep it cheaper and less complicated and I'd prefer a manual gearbox vs CVT any day !

I love the traditional instrument cluster in the jogger, don't like the digital one in the hybrid.

Go for the more basic versions because come trade in it won't matter that you spent xxx more on higher trims you'd get the same as the basic version.

Shame Dacia stopped making the LPG version but I believe the reason is that LPG really died off in the U.K so they weren't bothered making LPG cars for the few cars that get sold in Ireland. There's an LPG station only around 5 kms from me and all and if they had to have an LPG version I probably would have bought the Jogger !

Advertisement