Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is it feet and not hands (for example)?

• 05-09-2024 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

No judgement or kink shaming.

I personally don't get the attraction to feet some guys have. I'm absolutely a boob guy, but know someone who drunkenly admitted to having a bit of a thing for feet and ankles.

Girls sell feet pics, I suppose some guys do too. Some of them make quite a bit of money out of it apparently.

Is it a throwback to victorian "long dresses" and the chance of a scandalous glimpse of a shapely ankle??

Anyone who's into it, like to give some insight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

There has been all kinds of theories and arguments and ideas for this so I doubt you will get any conclusive answer here on Boards that will satisfy you.

For example, a scientist I have huge respect for - VS Ramachandran - once proposed that arousal due to feet might be similar to synaesthesia in the brain. Which is a fancy word for brain cross wiring. For example a % of our species when they see a number like 5 - they also "see" a color like red. Similarly, there may be some cross wiring in the cortex between the areas associated with feet and those associated with genitals and arousal.

However it might be something else entirely. Like it may be purely psychological. For example from an early age we tend to associate certain things with femininity and masculinity. Breasts - long hair - and other things associate in our minds with being particularly feminine. If you compare womens feet and mens there can often be such a distinction. If I gave you 100 pictures of feet you'd likely easily correctly allocate them to the right sex. So the attraction might be simply that distinctly feminine feet arouse that association in us.

I think I am somewhere in that latter camp myself. But only as part of the whole package. Looking at feet only - or pictures just of feet which you point out are very popular sales items - would do literally nothing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

that’s actually a reasonable and balanced believable answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Raysin

When babies are small, their parents and usually especially their mum, who provides the warm milk and the cuddles and safety that goes with being nursed, are the centre of their world. When they crawl, their eyeline is at floor level, where their mums feet are, the accessible body part of almost all the kids good feelings in life.

If men love boobs because of what they trigger, it's not surprising they're into feet too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Never heard that theory before. What about toddlers being the same height as their mums knees then? . . never hear much about knee obsessions, the same way you do about boobs, legs, feet or bums.

Mind you . . I'm a belly button man meself.

Pictures of your own bad parking WITH CHAT

Advertisement