Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School family photo permissions

• 06-09-2024 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi

My daughter started school last week. My brother in law told me today that he looks forward to his child getting a photo with our daughter when the official photos are being taken next week. For a number of family reasons I’d prefer this not to happen.

My question is. Does the school need to get my permission for my daughter to have a photo with her cousin? It’s a small rural school so asking the school is not an option as it will get back to him.

I want to know what my daughter’s rights are in this regard. Any info would help.

Answers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Did you sign permission slips for photos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

That would definitely not be the norm. Photos with siblings, yes, but not with cousins.

Advertisement