Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celestron Nexstar 4SE Telescope Tripod query

• 06-09-2024 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently came across a Celestron Nexstar 4SE but the Mount needs a motor or new board. I'm getting

Getting No response 16 and 17 messages.

"No response" means that the hand control has lost communication with the electronics board within the base of the telescope. The number following this message will indicate the address of the component that has lost communication. 16 indicates the azimuth or RA motor board, 17 the altitude (declination) motor board. Unfortunately, this number doesn't tell why the error has occurred.

Does anyone know if I can simply buy a new Mount at attach it to the Tripod ?

Maybe something like the

Astronomy Telescope Sparta Alt-AZ mount

on aliexpress ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dmcdona

I'd doubt anything other than celestron products would fit neatly on their tripod. A third party unit might need a bit of work to line up and attach.
    Have you contacted Celestron for the price of a replacement board? Might be worth a shot.

And if I'm looking at the correct product, an alt az mount for $79 is going to give you a $79 experience - ie not very good.

Then I'm assuming you need to attach the celestron scope to the Sparta. That's unlikely to work out well I'd imagine…

My advice would be get a price for a new board first or see if celestron would repair the broken one you have.

Advertisement