Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you rent high end road bikes in dublin?

• 06-09-2024 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭

I'd love to rent out a 5k bike for the day

I thought there would be a company that has a list of road bikes to rent in Dublin

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I've never heard of it - not enough demand for it I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Did you want a high end bike or a 5k bike? Cos you can't have both! 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Its very rare.

Only places like Roubaix and Ooudenarde do it because they are the world's to cycling holiday destinations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Friends is selling Sam Bennett's old bike with about 10k on it if you want to buy instead 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the spokesman used to, but he passed away a while back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

If you go to a bike shop, and are genuinely serious, they may allow you to trial a second hand bike for the day if you paid upfront. I was offered just that recently when I wasn't entirely sure what would suit me.

For a road bike, it really is very marginal gains beyond a certain level. I'll put my finger in the air and say that's about €3k at the moment. It may be plus or minus 1k, but beyond that level, it's very so slightly lighter, stiffer, smoother bearings, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

5k was a high end road bike in 2015 maybe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a 5k bike now will be a hell of a bike. this '5k is not high end anymore' is like some car bore saying 'you think that's a koenigsegg hnugggragharia? it's just an aston martian chlamydia with a turbo attached'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It's because the new UCI rules for track and TT bikes is that they have to be available on the market so you have the likes of the Team GB Lotus going for a jazilllion euro because they don't ever actually want to sell any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Best you will get is probably something like this Giant Defy - https://the-cyclehub.com/bike-rental/

• Advertisement
Advertisement