Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler above hot water tank

• 09-09-2024 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all I am going to be getting some renovations and extension to my house and I am looking to move my gas condenser boiler and hot water cylinder. I am thinking of moving them to the same area and possibly putting the boiler right above a new slimline hot water cylinder as space is limited. The space would be in a corner of a room about 660mm by 600mm and 2 to 2.4metres in height and an exterior wall, Would this be allowed? is there any rules or regulations to not allow the boiler so close or right above the cylinder, I get that the space would probable need to be vented and a carbon monoxide alarm and possibly pumps? as the boiler is now above the hwc and not gravity fed for hot water as its no longer underneath it. Or am I just better off moving the bolier into the attic (which seems very popular nowadays) and putting the slimline hwc into the tight space?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

You could also consider a combi gas boiler and do away with the cylinder altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Yes, the combi might be the right answer here.

I'd guess that the only concern around what you're proposing is whether there is sufficient access to the boiler for servicing, etc. If the tank sticks out too far then it won't make the boiler accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rebelfido

Thanks I think I will go with a combi boiler and get rid of the hot water cylinder altogether and save on space

Advertisement