Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying land with planning permission

• 09-09-2024 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi guys

New to this so just a quick question,iv seen some land for sale with planning for single dormer dwelling.Obviously if I buy the land the planning come with it for the dwelling but do I have to build it to the plans that would have been submitted to get the permission.Let say I did want to build a single dormer but smaller and maybe different shape or even a single dormer log house would I need to apply for planning permission again.Selling my home in Dublin and hoping to move to somewhere a bit more relaxed and peaceful 😊

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You will need to apply to change the permission

You also need to make sure the permission is any use to you. If I go and get Local Needs permission somewhere for myself and sell the site to you, who doesn't qualify, you don't actually have permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭willdill

I see so the permissions doesn't just come with the site it comes for the applicant too.So in theory there is no point in buying land with planning permission because I would have to apply then again to get it for myself is that right mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

It could have full planning - you could build those plans as is ,

Or outline planning , there's a broad outline but you'd need to get detailed plans drawn up and submitted ..

Either way . Pretty much any change will require a new plan ,and a new submission ,

Different size , shape , position on the site , materials used / appearance of the outside ( wood ) means a new application,

And certain things may not get planning in that location,

Also whatever you build will need to come up to building code , that mightn't be simple or cheap with a log cabin

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not really.

The value of buying with full planning is that you can build the house for which pp has been granted as long as you can comply with the conditions attached to the grant of pp.

Your other options are -

1 buy a piece of land with no pp which you may never get to build on.

2 Buy a piece of land with outline pp on which you may not get permission to build what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭dragonkin

if it’s a rural site with no “services” e.g. sewage and mains water then the planning permission is probably local needs and you won’t be able to build on it as the planning is linked to that specific person who fulfilled the local needs requirement. Best option is to talk to the planning office of the country council.

• Advertisement
Advertisement