Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NOW TV on a projector - all the ways that dont work!

• 10-09-2024 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

HI

i have an Xgimi Halo and want to watch nowtv on it.

Have tried the app stores but cannot connect/login with it - just pushes me back to sign up for UK site.

Have bought a firestick international version but it wont connect properly

Mirrored and screen share from samsung laptop works but there is a lag and it stalls every few seconds - just enough to ruin watching anything.

any suggestion on how to actually connect properly? I think it is because it is a projector and not a TV (any way to mask this?)

apple tv connected to projector maybe? newer tablet than my 2020 samsung tablet? any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Make sure you download the Irish version of the Now TV app on the Firestick.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I use an Apple TV connected to an XGIMI MoGo 2 and Now TV works fine.

as the poster above says, be careful with Now TV on the Fire stick, it should work but needs to be the ROI version of the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Toolerc

cant find the irish version this is the thing - not sure why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Should be beside the UK version. What location is your stick set to?

ireland i think - how can i check? I'll look it up later.
    i had a uk one a while back as my amazon account is UK but recently bought the international version to try overcome the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I know this kinda defeats the purpose of having an Android TV protector but maybe get a Google Chromecast and plug it in

chromecast built in to the firestick but it has a 'lag every second or two which gets really annoying watching a move or a match. Mirroring is supported by the projector but not for all content so when i try to mirror a match it says content is not supported. i was tryign workarounds as it is. sounds like other are not having the same issues but i dont know how to identify and 'undo' whatever is blocking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭decor58

Would a Now stick rather than a firestick be any simpler or are Now sticks too restricted.

they dont sell them anymore? :D all this tech and nothing works properly :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

the XGIMI manual warns there’ll be issues mirroring certain content, though it appears to be mainly referring to Netflix.

I haven’t broken out my Fire stick in a while (use it mainly for travelling) but as I recall the apps called “Now TV Ireland”.

Advertisement