Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness in Dublin City Centre

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

In theory they could change the chiller temperature, but the Diageo rep will check the beer temperature when they are cleaning the lines and just readjust it if it was outside their parameters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It's really just the glass.

Unless the barman actually lets it overflow there is not much he can do.

All that stuff about lines are hangovers from older times. If by keg movement you mean actually moving of the keg then that is a long gone problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Is this service provided for free by Diageo in respect of the dispensing equipment used to serve their products?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Yeah, it's factored into the price of the keg essentially. In Britain pubs will all have to clean the lines themselves, but the breweries didn't trust publicans in Ireland, hence why they took it upon themselves to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Nevermind Guinness, we need more good cask ales in pubs here.

A pint of Guinness is good, but you can't bate a proper pulled ale from a cask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cask ale almost because a thing in Ireland 10 years ago but seems to have died away again.

Witherspoons do cask ales.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Cask definitely feels like it's effectively gone for the forseeable.

There was a point where, on a night out, you could have a few pints of cask in Against the Grain, then mosey down to the Palace and have some Dungarvan on cask, and then finish the night drinking cask pints of TSB in the Porterhouse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Five pubs in Dublin city centre with a regular cask offering isn't bad going. It's there for anyone who wants it.

I didn't realise there were still 5. Who are they?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Silver Penny, Keavan's Port, The South Strand, The Porterhouse and JR Mahon's.

Ah yes.. Wetherspoons doing the heavy lifting there. I do tend to order cask if I stop into The Silver Penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I remember seeing a pump at the end of the bar in the Oslo years ago, I don't think it was even hooked up.

Post edited by Lewis_Benson on

Advertisement