Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long do Multi National's keep a record of previous job applicants on file?

• 10-09-2024 6:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if that title makes sense.

I applied for a job with a very large multinational about 5 years ago and was wondering would they still have knowledge of that failed application?

All in I did a psychometric test, interview, and medical. As you can imagine I was fairly pissed to find out after all that they weren't going to hire me, but that's a different story lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Candlel

Even if they did so what?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I just want to know if they know that they previously turned me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

The company I work for has details on my career profile of my unsuccessful applications from 2016/2017. Eventually hired by them in 2019.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Since they did not hire you, all data should have been deleted after the recruiting process was completed as under GDPR they don't need that data for the operation of their business. Most large companies (Banks and chemical companies) I've worked for all had standard procedures in place to ensure that happened.

Of course if you did something notable during the process it's always possible someone there will remember you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Pre GDPR I would have applied for a job with a MNC who remembered my application from a 2 or 3 years previously. It's roughly about 5 since I applied to this company and if GDPR means they bin everything that's great.

I didn't get the job with them last time so it's safe to say I didn't do anything notable then :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Even if they still have a record of you applying it shouldn't make any difference as its a large MNC.

A person I know applied for a job at a large MNC and didn't get hired, a few months later they applied again they are now working in the company. Not getting a job from the last round will have no impact on this application process

Advertisement