Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zgemma H8s

• 10-09-2024 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Evening all. Can somebody please help me out with a problem. I keep getting a tuning error as shown in the photo attached. I have checked all cables and everything is ok. The problem is not happening on my H7s downstairs. Another message also keeps popping up about a powertimer and I can't put it into standby. I've deleted all power timers so don't know what's going on.

I've attached as much info as I can which might assist.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

box is a Zgemma H8.2H but never seen the word unavailable under chip before, is box new??? why are you trying to get freeview, and saorview under clare? you have too many autobouquets, you dont need all of those. that powertimer is an image problem but lets fix tuner first

can you do a pic on how you have set the dtt tuner,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Yes no wonder its having issues Freeview and Saorview.

I assume you have gone into power timers and auto timers and is clear and you exited out many times before standby.

Funny i use Sky London region as better than Roi

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Leonita

Yes it's a new box. Where do I find the settings for the DTT tuner? TIA

Should be same place as the tuners on the H7S by going into the cable tuner and configuring it correctly.

You must setup correct info from where your aiming at. Mine is Dublin Three Rock as i use Saorview.

Then setup AutoBouquetsMaker provider.

I use Sky UK and Freesat as more clear channels to use

Is this what ye are looking for?

I was copying the settings from the Zgemma H7 downstairs.

• Advertisement

Nothing works on Virgin as that is a cable service =DVB/C

You need to show DVB/T/T2 for Saorview. Or Freeview if in N. IRL

You did not set your region in DVB/T

The sat tuner is correct, for the DVB C toogle and say no and green to save. For the dtt tuner arrow down to region and use arrow right to select clare woodcok hill, green to save, that saves the 2 muxes you need 44 and 47. exit out and go to signal finder, then it will have predefined and a signal on 47, press green to scan, then it exits back to signal finder arrow down to transponder and it will change to 44 green etc and save, exit out and go to bouquets, here is a pic of my autobouquets, you can change london to suit. save and then scan, you can hide sections as well. I did a big instruction on zgemma h7s about ABM a while back so have a read there. pic of dtt tuner as well, i only put in woodcock to explain. i use maghera.

If some channels you watch dont appear under the bouquets as above just go back and tick freesat.. etc

Sorry for the long delay in replying it's been hectic here. I tried everything you suggested and it's the same thing. I'm still getting the same messages. At this stage I'm plugging the box out every night to see if that helps. The timer message also keeps popping up.

Any other ideas? Thanks for all of the help and suggestions so far.

either the box is knackered or something wrong with cabling, can you move the zgemma h7s to where you have new box and confirm that a signal exists. its tedious but has to be done

Yes it was a pain but the h7 seems fine. All new cabling was put in only a few months ago so it's definitely not a cabling issue.

TIA

• Advertisement

Then by my reckoning it has to be the box there is a pic you posted that says chip unavailable. Its the last photo.

Are you getting a signal on the sat channels?

And have you tried a hard reboot ie, power off at rear? and the power back on.

Yes I'm getting signal. Some of the channels are not working but that's to do with providers changing stuff around. No I haven't tried a hard reboot. I just switch it off at night. I will try that over the weekend and come back to you about that.

Do you have AutoBouquetMaker installed and running to upgrade your channels.

You did not have a SKY Q service in that room?

To get all the channels you can do a manual scan by menu setup tuners and scanning, manual scan , select tuner a type of scan make it single satellite, ie toggle to sat 28e, then no no no, press grenen and wait, all teh channels will be n alpha order and under headinglast scanned. check for the ones you were not getting.

So I tried this and 0 channels found. I have also lost all of my sat channels now.

Are you sure that sat cable is not used by Sky Q service you had?

No I never had sky q up there. I used a magic eye from downstairs when I had sky. All of the cabling is brand new in the last few months prior to getting this box.

So your tuner is set to

Signal finder should show how strong your signal is on your channels.

Have you done a complete scan on 28.2 which should take maybe 10 mins.

Yes everything is the same as yours. I tried to do several scans but everything came back 0 channels found.

How long is the scan taking?

• Advertisement

Literally seconds. I know a proper scan takes ages so something definitely not right.

And your not scanning in Autobouquets or ABM are you as that is a very quick scan.

If you moved your H7S here and it works on that cable you know it works.

If h8S does not work in other position via scan it would be pointing to box.

Never ever remove or plug in cables while units are powered on and can get a surge and blow things.

No definitely not. I always plug everything out before I do anything

Been a different box and chip i wonder is it missing info ?

Wonder if you reflashed it online to a different image version and setup from scratch with no backup used.

This is my H7S

I was thinking that but how do I go about doing that? I know that I did it for the H7 ages ago but can't remember how to do it now. Could you please tell me how to go about doing that again?

Menu -setup-vix- image manager-download via yellow button.

It will ask what platform OPENVIX.

I see 4 release on new Images 6.6 , 6.5 , 6.4 , 6.3

Clicking on 6.6 opens the versions of that image and select one to flash box by.

One needs a hdd to allow backup manager to save your settings and download new image version to it and you select that button to flash image. Dont touch anything.

Should I upgrade from 6.5 to 6.6?

If box has a fault they ask if you have tried a reflash so i would try that .

Not keeping up with image info on wos i dont know if that image has / had an issue and another upgrade was released.

Its a way of finding ot why box is not working or ask a question should you see image chip information?

A reflash and starting from new and setting up box with nothing saved errors wont be saved.

In the process of doing this now. Do I exit the restore wizard and not restore?

• Advertisement

Didn't restore. Now I have no channels at all. This is what's coming up in info now.

Yes when reflashing start from the beginning and no to restore.

You have to go through the wizard and setup your box from scratch .

Also try setting up ABM again and see if that gives you your bouquets.

I think I skipped through the wizard, will that make a difference? I have to leave it for a while as I need to do something else. I will come back to it later

Yes you need to follow the steps in setting your box back up as it needs info stored to move forward.

leonita i assumed you plugged in h7s and got signal on sat and dtt, that was to prove cabling, then when you said you had some channels the manul scan was to establish if box was atually working. I think your flogging a dead horse, it must have a guarantee.

Yes unfortunately I think so too. After reflashing and setting everything up I have saorview. It doesn't matter what I try I simply cannot get satellite channels. I'm getting the same error as in the op.

This is the info about the box after the flashing.

I even went so far as to connect the old sab box up and all the satellite channels are there just to be sure.

I have made contact with world of satellite where I bought the box but won't hear from them until next week probably.

• Advertisement

can you do a pic of the sat tuner tuner a

Okay if Sab box works cable must be working.

Weird as no sat channels

I set it up the same way after reflashing

Well I tried both the H7 and the sab just to be sure. Both work fine.

Can you try signal finder on the H8S and see what it does.

Good you contacted Wos

• Advertisement

So this is what is showing up in signal finder. I tried several transponders and it's the same thing

Interesting as its like not connected , unplug box or power off and remove F connector and slightly bend center strand so its at an angle and screw back in and retry signal finder. If still no signal put hand on cable at rear of box and move slightly from side to side. It does sound like tuner is gone.

what you have to do is this, on the sat tuner go to predefined and toggle so it says user, then put in the below

here is the pic with the details

this is my second attempt for pic then when you get a signal green to scan but check cable carefully at rear, twist on tight and make sure the inner core etc

Yes tried all of that and still 0 channels found

Can you do a pic of the rear of the BOX?

The bit that puzzles me is that you did have sat channels all I am left with now is the cable at rear in case a bit may be stuck in box but I doubt it.

Once you do get sorted it will be interesting.

I've tried all of the suggestions in the thread so far and nothing seems to work.

Thanks for all of the help and advice. Will wait and see what WOS come back with.

Quick update. I contacted WOS they seem very suspicious of my claim. They said that it's very rare that those boxes fail. They suggested it came into contact with water. The box is in a bedroom not a fecken bathroom ffs.

They want me to return the box at my own expense for them to check it out. I asked them if they refund the postage and they said no.

That doesn't sound right? Surely if a product is faulty the company reimburses postage? Do any of you know of the cheapest way to return it to them? I reckon it would cost at least €20 with An Post. What about customs?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

TIA

I have returned a few faulty boxes and yes at my expense , hence why i mentioned water ingress and shorting out but if not there with no signs and other box works perfectly at this location.

You need to get a service number on a sticker on the front of package to show its under warranty and should not have customs on it. Take a photo of it on your parcel to show as evidence when they post replacement out.

When you have it boxed up take a note of size and weight + REMOVE BATTERIES from remote and out of parcel as An Post don't allow postage of batteries in airplanes.

Couriers like DPD , and others do online pricing to Uk and will come out to collect parcel and inspect it at your home to make sure it is what it is and nothing funny in it. They will have a postage sticker to put onto bag when done and is scanned to enter the system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement