Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zgemma H8s

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Leonita

Thanks Greasepalm. Can I ask which courier you have used in the past? It might be easier to have it collected and checked from home. I will get it packed up today.

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Might have been DHL or DPD as i got prices off their website to choose from.

I remember having to send a mobile phone back to Amazon and was a horrendous price but got reimbursed by them.

Make sure batteries are out and item is not sealed for inspection.

At least you have all the photos and you reflashed it to check.

Yes I sent them on all the photos I posted here. Will the couriers provide envelopes? I don't have a large padded envelope to hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

where are you located, that box is cheap, WOS are not very generous, did they offer any solution?

here are the T&C's.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=5

No they offered nothing. They want it returned for inspection and testing. They seem very suspicious of me.

I have it packaged up ready for collection by the courier. I was thinking about how mean it is not to offer a refund for shipping. Is that not illegal under consumer law? The box is less than 6 months old. At this stage I would nearly prefer a refund and buy locally but I won't get the customs fees back probably.

I'm based in Limerick so I could get it locally in a few shops if WOS refunded me. I definitely wouldn't recommend WOS to anybody based on my experience of them. I only went with them because they were recommended on the H7s pages.

Courier will put your box in hopefully if you kept the outer box packaging ? into one of their boxes or envelopes they carry on board.

Things have changed with WOS with Brexit and customs charges on top.

Many might buy off EU shops.

Most of boxes i bought were from WOS and 3 returns as faulty as one took over 3 weeks to show its issue.

Dont know of refunds as never asked.

How long did it take them to return or replace the boxes? So it's not uncommon for boxes to fail if you had to return 3 of them.

One took a month to get the fault as would lose internet connection and was on test with them and they said it was working perfectly. Lost lan over 8 times via cable on an Extrend. , Other was a Miraclebox and cant remember the issue and was replaced in 2 weeks. Boxes do fail over time and lucky they have 2 year warranty. Only a small % fail but takes time to check them all out for their faults and get replaced when faulty.

This one is less than 6 months old. Did they replace all those boxes for you?

• Advertisement

Yes as were under 2 year warranty all were replaced when fault was found.

If boxes are found to have no fault they post it back and put it down to user error hence why all avenues are gone through beforehand.

Well I think that I have tried all avenues based on the advice given here. I hooked up the sab box last night and it's working away fine. Albeit I must rescan some channels.

Hopefully they will find the same faults and replace the box.

Thanks for all the help.

I had a good look at the spec of that box and at 49 quid its a steal BUT and this is the catch you really need to know how to configure it as WOS may not be overly helpful. When you go to buy they give you a few options, choose image, usb hdd AND a usb stick. Now the reason they mention the USB is you need storage for the EPG and it is not good to have it saved to internal flash as it will eventually break the box. You said you had box for 6 months so I assume it worked for that time.

The problem with assessing a fault is really guesswork and the expertise of the user. It never dawned on me to ask about EPG!

However, if you had epg on a USB then you have a good case.

To put me out of my misery can you say that initially it worked OK?

But he did update / flashed a new image and no restore done is the norm so that in itself should clear anything stored would it not?

Yes it worked fine originally swoofer. The satellite just decided to stop working about a week or so ago.

Yes I did a reflash with no restore and no improvement

That box is available on amazon de for 58 euro delivered. By doing a reflash wont fix the internal flash and there is another recovery file method that wipes everything but even that may not clear the FLASH. I'm afraid WOS will spot the epg saved to Flash and may blame user. But they may have a fix or send out a new box but if they do you need a formatted usb stick next time.

fingers crossed

• Advertisement

No I have the epg saved to usb. I copied all the settings from the H7 downstairs. So epg shouldn't upset them

perfect.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/ZGEMMA-H8-2H-Full-Combo-DVB/dp/B09VY1F31W/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2LEUOB4XKU7M4&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.8r4WNoqS5q5Ux3yaUaDvzHhQxDBM4Zy01Uvy6Am9lc9Nr-pOmZXmnElne8pArfiY8Ih1Dfm73LIsFBDrDINyW-g76yRavvdeoF3ItKM_kYlZP9uSSIo7VG3aNg3RE-Nn.tleeXf94E_nkQ4fLQ535v-MtW6WnHH7VKTMS6gXthAQ&dib_tag=se&keywords=zgemma+h8.2h&qid=1727281546&sprefix=zgemma+h8.2h%2Caps%2C58&sr=8-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This review on that link is very negative. Of course it is just one person's experience.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/customer-reviews/R2HL9V2N2J7M1N/ref%3Dcm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B09VY1F31W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭andy1249

That is my review.

I still have it , and its a bad buy.

Its a terrible box , avoid like the plague.

If you want a decent single tuner combo box ( one sat one T2 ) then I recommend the Octagon S8008 , its more expensive , but it works fine. It also takes an NVME card which can be configured with unlimited OS slots so great for messing about with E2 versions.

Buy cheap , buy twice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement