Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parkside petrol lawnmover

• 10-09-2024 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I purchased a Lidl Parkside petrol lawnmower (PBPM 39 C2) a few months ago but it has recently failed to start. It was a cheap enough machine without any bells and whistles which is suitable for my needs. However while the spark plug is sparking it looks like the petrol is not getting to the spark plug. I'd appreciate if anyone has any ideas before I return it because it worked well when it did start. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Do you store it up on end? It'll just be a gravity fed, so may have an airlock.

Do you ever need to prime the engine before starting it? Has it got enough fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Logo

It wasn't stored on end. There's petrol in the tank and I do prime before starting but it can feel a bit soft. An airlock is a possibility alright. Any ideas how to get rid of an airlock. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Spark. Air. Fuel.

You've confirmed that there is spark, air should be ok as the machine is new enough which means it's got to be a fuel problem. Blocked fuel filter, a hose that pulled off, a blocked jet in the carb?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks. I agree that it's probably a fuel problem. Not sure how to check filter or jet but will look up tomorrow. Thanks

Advertisement