Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election - read the warning in the OP posted 18/09/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The use of phrases "Orange man bad" and "TDS" are sure fire ways of knowing you can't reach certain people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Did any wars start under Herbert Hoover?

How many started under FDR?

Does that mean FDR was a 'weaker' President than Hoover?

Nope. It is absolute nonsense isn't it, when you take a step back and realise the world moves on its own axis and the US President isn't superman.

And then consider Trump has repeatedly indicated reluctance to come to aid of allies that are attacked, and twice tried to hold up aid to Ukraine.

And then consider Trump and his corrupt family have a close relationship with Netanyahu and Israel, and moved the embassy to Jerusalem at their behest, and his contributions to the current conflict has been to publicly criticise Biden for not sending weapons quickly enough to Israel.

This is the guy who Putin and Netanyahu are worried about?
    Nope, the only thing they are worried about is whether their lapdog Trump will win.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I don’t pretend to understand a society fundamentally broken as the States, but I find the concept of Irish Trump supporters to be very strange. They have no vote for starters, but seem to be obsessed with this unhinged, nasty, stupid buffoon. He’s so spectacularly unimpressive.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I'm not a fan of Trumps ties to Israel. But I can assure you, Putin and Netenyahu would not be killing hundreds and thousands of people on Trumps watch. At the very least he would be on the plinth in front of the media condemning the killing every single day. As he said himself, he would be ringing them up giving very real threats to stop.

Biden was a ghost president, while all the killing was happening, he was nowhere to be seen, effectively empowering the land grab efforts.

Harris would be the exact same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭McFly85

At the very least he would be on the plinth in front of the media condemning the killing every single day.

What’s stopping him from doing that right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,884 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭crusd

Even if true (which it probably is)

Want to buy some magic beans? Becasue it seems you would buy anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,695 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

When you have become divorced form reality you just parrot TDS and Orange man bad when confronted with facts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

He does it at his rallys all the time, the media just don't cover it. Are you really this siloed into the US liberal media's narrative?

I think it's incredible that people will vote in favour of continued world turmoil, economic freefall and endless death just because they don't like one man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Your "assurances" have no credibility, any more that the credence you give to Trump's racist dog whistling about immigrants killing pets.

Trump already has a plinth whenever he wants it, already has a huge media profile where are his daily condemnations?
    Nowhere. Instead he is the ghost.

The only time he pops up on Israel is to criticise Biden for not sending weapons fast enough and tell Netanyahu to get the job done! Netanyahu's not killing enough people quickly enough for Trump as that obviously equates to more killings. So zero criticism of the killings, the opposite in fact.

Only recently, 10 retired US generals came out and criticises Trump for the mess that was left in Afghanistan, effectively accusing Trump of surrendering… and not to a superpower but the Taliban.

Your entire post is a fantasy that doesn't connect to reality in any way shape or form.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

How do talk of death rates when trump recinded reporting on civilian deaths from drone strikes?? Honestly is this a parody account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

DAVID MUIR: I just want to clarify here, you bring up Springfield, Ohio. And ABC News did reach out to the city manager there. He told us there have been no credible reports of specific claims of pets being harmed, injured or abused by individuals within the immigrant community --

FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Well, I've seen people on television

DAVID MUIR: Let me just say here this ...

FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: The people on television say my dog was taken and used for food. So maybe he said that and maybe that's a good thing to say for a city manager.

DAVID MUIR: I'm not taking this from television. I'm taking it from the city manager.

FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: But the people on television say their dog was eaten by the people that went there.

DAVID MUIR: Again, the Springfield city manager says there's no evidence of that.

FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: We'll find out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

It's hardly that strange. US politics due to its power reach and influence sets the tone for western democracies. If you'd be in favour of an Irish flavor of US Republicanism in Ireland then you'd clearly want Trump to be successful in the election, even though they'd have no vote or direct stake.

Irish politics has in the past caught the global political winds about 10 years after they started to blow. On that basis I'd expect to see a perceptable right ward shift in the next few years. A trump election I suspect would make that shift stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Netenyahu would not be killing hundreds and thousands of people on Trumps watch. At the very least he would be on the plinth in front of the media condemning the killing every single day. 

https://www.jns.org/trump-vows-support-for-israels-right-to-win-its-war-on-terror/

He criticized Biden’s decision to freeze weapons shipments to Israel amid its war with Hamas, saying, “I support Israel’s right to win its war on terror. Is that okay? I don’t know if that’s good or bad politically. I don’t care. Gotta do what’s right.”

So I guess he must have figured out a way for Israel to "win its war on terror" without killing anyone. Truly nothing is beyond this 'very stable genius'…

Someone else who shout TDS when confronted with facts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Virgil°

I love all the line of argument that "Putin never would have done it" if Trump was in office.

Any chance of the lottery numbers there lads?

As if Putin is just sitting there thinking "Jeez i just love Trump so much, sure I'll leave Ukraine alone because I respect Trump so much". Does that sound ridiculous to you? Because it does to me.

Forgetting that Putin still held Crimea and parts of the Donbas and was actively funding Separatist forces in Ukraine during Trumps reign while Trump was kissing his feet.

All we know is that Trump has never once uttered a single disparaging word about Putin. And that's all you need to know.

Anyway it was good to see the contrast. Kamala looked and sounded very presidential and Trump sounded like the lad you pray doesn't sit beside you on the Luas. And he looked terrible, small and hunched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Don't thing he made it up himself. Looks like he and Vance were amplifying false rumours concoted by right-wing elements in Springfield

He does go full Reek when confronted with powerful leaders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Next bit..

Harris stronger on Abortion, but Trump is surprisingly not too bad himself.

Harris refuses to answer the question about 3rd term abortions..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What evidence do you have to claim that Trump would be able to get the wars to stop?

He was directly asked about how he would stop the wars in both Israel and Ukraine, including the extra point on do you want Ukraine to win.

He didn't answer if he wanted Ukraine to win. He just said that he'd make a call and the wars would both stop the day after the election.

What is he doing to make that happen? Dropping nukes in Moscow or Kyiv. Dropping nukes on Gaza or Jerusalem.

What else does he have up his sleeve to get these wars to stop.

His solution for Afghanistan was to release prisoners, invite Taliban leaders over for a holiday, give them a bunch of weapons and run away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Their own mouthpiece skewering their candidate:

Betting odds on 2024 presidential race take a dramatic turn after Harris-Trump debate | Daily Mail Online

Can see why trump chickened out of the GQP debates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Is there secret rallies taking place? All the rants, inconsistencies and bloopers are available from each one of trumps appearances.

Or is saying it's a secret a way for you to avoid providing evidence thereof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Meanwhile Trump barely answered ANY question. Falling back to wailing about Immigration and immigrants eating dogs is not a response.

She didn't need to fully respond to this tripe. Trump was corrected by the moderator on his "executing babies" nonsense. Kamala took the right approach.

She stayed on the offensive. If she decided to defend herself against the river of sh*t that Trump creates she'd have needed 6 hours. A much better strategy was just to rise above it and keep Trump crying about immigration and crowd sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

Irish Democratic Party supporters - of which there are even more - are in the exact same position: They have no vote for starters, but seem to be obsessed with this unhinged, nasty, stupid buffoon.

Strange, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭blackcard

My takes.

I thought KH started on the front foot by going across to DT's podium to shake hands.

I thought she wasn't great on the economy and employment. I thought she should have talked about jobs created in the last 3 years and the Dow Jones index being at record level. I think she was caught between taking credit and avoiding blame for Biden's tenure

I thought she came out way on top on abortion.

I thought she definitely came across as presidential at times.

I thought the male moderator favoured Harris by fact checking Trump. I though KH should have fact checked DT more

Trump was poor on healthcare by saying he had the 'concepts of a plan'

Overall, it was a very good night for KH and may have swayed some independents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Next bit.. Immigration

Harris asked a question about Immigration and the border, talks for a bit and then goes on about Trump's rallies and about people being bored.. and doesnt answer the question from the moderator.

Trying to goade Trump but where is the policy Mrs Harris?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Get them to buy the shares of his media company at the price he quotes and push up their value before he decides its the right time to dump whatever shares he still holds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Quite probably not how Harris imagined herself getting the chance for a run at the office. The discussions at home must have been interesting.

Advertisement