Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election - read the warning in the OP posted 18/09/24

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

oh yes!!! sign me up for one a them!! just take my money now!!! could it be programed to say all the rest of his dumb quotes as well?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

I checked Google Trends and in America there has been a massive spike in searches for "tariff" in the last few days. The more people who know how tariffs work will understand that Trump's economic policies are BS, so this can only be a good thing especially as the economy is the highest priority issue for a lot of voters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This was your "answer"

If foreigners are eating pets, then it is not necessarily racist to point out they are eating pets. If foreigners are not eating pets, then it may be racist to make false claims as such especially if the foreigners have different skin tone of the accuser.

So, and I'm going to interpret this for you, so please correct me, you don't think it's always racist, but you do think that trump is racist as he falls into this category, given the claim is false and trumps skin tone is different:

then it may be racist to make false claims as such especially if the foreigners have different skin tone of the accuser

It's not like you're being asked for a Ukraine peace plan that doesn't involve surrendering to russia or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭amandstu

Only the best ones and nothing scatalogical or weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Fan fact, Joe Biden was found too senile to be convicted for taking documents (that dems still want to punish Trump for). This is personal against Trump."

For someone so particular about clarifying facts, this is surprising.

That is an abject and utter lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭scottser

'Donald Trump is extremely intelligent and his tweets follow a method that the left falls for every time'.

How come he got played by Harris the other night then? How come he's a de facto Russian agent too? It's because he's an easy mark due to the size of his ego. He's a stooge. He's just lucky there's a blind and unwavering Christian vote he can tap into; if he had to actually convince voters on the merit of his policies or past performance he'd be out on his ear by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭scottser

In fairness, I had to google 'Haitian ritual animal sacrifice' and 'Is cat meat edible'

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

She wasnt fact checked nor was she pushed to answering anything at the debate.

Can you please tell us what she should have been fact checked on?
    In fact, the two of them were fact checked by the ABC team (and by others globally)

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fact-checking-kamala-harris-donald-trumps-1st-presidential/story?id=113567997

I look forward to you backing up your assertion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

Someone was complaining earlier in thread that ABC were unfair to Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Shoog

Saw a very interesting commentary on the legal hush money sentencing today. It basically said that the judge was sending out lots of signals that he will sentence Trump to jail time and that was the main reason why he didn't want it been seen as election interference by sending him down before he lose the election.

Everything I heard up to this point said he was going to get a fine or probation so it's surprising if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

By the standards of America today maybe he could be considered an OK politician, but I still refuse to lower my standards anywhere near that low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

She did everything right. But Trumps weakneses are obvious and well known as you described them, you'd think he would have been better drilled by his team to avoid the predictable pitfalls that he stumbled into, ie repeatedly loosing his cool and ranting absolute nonsense. He's obviously not very good at listening to sound logical advice, not exactly a good trait for a president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

This part was within the rules of the debate, Harris just didn't opt to counter.

The part that was unfair on Trump was the interruptions for a "live factcheck" and also the mods persistence for an answer. None of which anyone would be complaining about if they had extended these tactics to Harris as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Poor mite, guess he shouldn't be running outlandish claims like pets being kidnapped to be eaten and the FBI fixing crime stats.

Also the reason why Trump has been so insistent on getting it moved to the Federal system is so he has a clear pathway to appeal to a sympathetic supreme court, a pathway not available to a state conviction. There is no precident for such a switch so it will fail.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There were some posters on here scoffing that the Harris team were holed up in a hotel rehearsing while Trump didn't need to prepare.
    It just goes to show!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Weirdly I haven’t seen must posted about Kamala’s “word salads” since the debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,236 ✭✭✭✭briany

Makes me wonder what those policy sessions with Tulsi Gabbard actually consisted of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's a good question? Will Trump will be allowed? It's not even a good English sentence.

He was already 'disallowed' by 81 Million voters last time out. We'll see how many millions may disallow him again.

Or is this just more election integrity conspiracy diatribe? Eric Weinstein is hardly unbiased, as the managing director of Thiel Capital, as in Peter Thiel's investment firm. I'd be careful putting stock in a kook who thought Joe Biden was gonna deport 70 million Republicans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I'm pretty amused by the fact that a fair few Trump fans who were incredibly confident in his ability on Monday look to have disappeared for the next few weeks. There's an aversion to admitting how horribly he handled it.

The nonsense that Trump is better able to deal with the likes of Putin just goes out the window. In fact, his ego is so vulnerable that it genuinely makes him very easy for the likes of Putin to exploit. Not exactly surprising but more obvious than ever this week.

"I'm not a Trump supporter but you have TDS" is this the new line? It's not very believable.

Any suggestion that Leon may have been kidnapping pets for purposes of preparing for his colonization of Mars.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

There is a certain type of poster. You see them all the time in the Russia/Ukraine thread and also in Trump-related threads. I am not saying that the same people are posting in both but there are posters who use a similar tactic.

They say things like "I'm not for either side". However all of their posts are critical of one side only. In the Russia/Ukraine thread those posters only critcise Ukraine and its Western allies. In the Trump threads the people using that tactic only criticise the Democrats.

No. I am not insinuating these are Russian pots or anything like that. I actually work with 2 guys who are exactly like this. They claim to hate politics and politicians and I have heard them say a lot of things that sound like they came from some of the many conspiracy type accounts online. They both went down the Covid Disinformation hole during the pandemic.

What I can't quite figure out is they won't own their opinions. Like they say that they are on the fence but then everything else they say shows that they most definitely are not. These guys aren't exactly shrining violets so I don't believe they are afraid of being ridiculed for their support of Trump and Putin.

And whatever about in real life it makes absolutely no sense on an anonymous internet forum. No, you're not going to get more credibility if you pretend to be unbiased when you so clearly come down on one side. People aren't idiots. They can see that all of your posts are critical of one side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's weird isn't it. It's like it has been, ah, what's the phrase - memory holed?

Posters seemed to be oh so concerned about the word salad and then nothing … I guess racist drivel about pet sandwiches trumps word salad.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Following on from the debate and the exposed differences between Trump and his V/P running mate over abortion, has Trump [as top man] instructed Vance that he is not to make public statements or answer media questions on the issue without his OK to avoid conflict of policy statements between them so their campaign won't self-destruct over Vance's statements?

Given Trump's wild allegations during the debate about full term born babies being "aborted" after birth, have his campaign and the GOP being asked for verification of his statement being correct?

Have the AMA and other Doctors rep groups kicked up a public fuss about Trump and Vance's misinformation statements on the issue of abortions?

Were salads served with the pets? Can't have been Trump that took them…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

full term born babies being "aborted" after birth

Well now, in fairness, he did say that, but then carefully explained, as to the thick and ignorant, that there can't be abortion after birth of course, that would not, strictly speaking, be abortion. Obviously someone had made him learn this sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Proper Prior Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance

AKA the 7 p's.

Very good Oscar.

• Advertisement

Collins reports that Trump's team are giving him the yes-men treatment: telling him what he wants to hear while quietly admitting the truth - such as the fact that his debate performance was a disaster

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cnns-kaitlan-collins-says-trump-advisers-praised-him-to-his-face-after-debate-but-told-her-they-were-stunned-by-failures/

Actually according to Collins' sources, he did more debate prep for this debate than the Biden debate.

Makes you wonder if he either just completely half-assed it with Biden or if «ghasp» he was lying about not doing debate-prep for this?! 😧

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

What is abundantly clear is that all the preparation in the world cannot account for Trumps fragile ego.

Once Harris basically told everyone "His rallies are crap and boring" he was effectively done for the evening.

He could not let any of her little digs go and despite having multiple opportunities to go after her on actual policy things , he had to make sure to defend his pathetic little ego first, meaning that he used up almost all of his allotted time spouting nonsense at each segment.

Such a weak and flawed man - Utterly incapable of seeing past the defence of his own sad little insecurities.

It's why he's such a terrible businessman and politician.

Sometimes to close a deal , you've got to just smile and eat sh!t , because that's what's required.

Not Trump , he'll blow it all up so he can walk away the "Big man" , at least in his fractured deluded mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Tariffs aren't paid by foreigners, they're paid by US consumers. Its a tax on Americans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭yagan

I don't mind admitting that I firmly believe anyone thinking Trump is in any way competent is delusional.

His three big policy that continue to isolate the US are his moving of the US consulate from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, his withdrawal of the US from the TPP opened the door to the RCEP which is now the biggest trade bloc in the world, and his Huawei ban has shown that the US is doesn't understand how dependent many US companies like Apple and Tesla are to China.

Biden wasn't any better when he carried over Trump lab conspiracy about Covid19, and the 100% tariff on BYD and other Chinese auto brands is just more protectionism.

They are an economic wall ... same deluson Trump tried to peddle last time about making Mexico pay for that wall.

Pity. She could have gotten him to say to millions of Americans that kids are going to school, only to have gender changing operations done and dusted and coming home that very evening the opposite sex.

That would have absolutely killed his campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Yeah, but it wouldn't. He said that immigrants are eating dogs, and that led to posters here saying that it's probably true.

If he said that, you'd probably have nimrods saying, "it happened in their cousins friends sons class where a boy called John disappeared at lunchtime and reappeared after as a girl called Joan. There's video somewhere, but I can't find it right now."

The whole 'losers don't ask for rematches' brainworm has really burrowed into his head, lolol, he's so against anything suggesting he lost that debate that he's psyched himself out of a second bite at the apple.

When a prizefighter loses a fight, the first words out of his mouth are, “I WANT A REMATCH.” Polls clearly show that I won the Debate against Comrade Kamala Harris, the Democrats’ Radical Left Candidate, on Tuesday night, and she immediately called for a Second Debate. She and Crooked Joe have destroyed our Country, with millions of criminals and mentally deranged people pouring into the USA, totally unchecked and unvetted, and with Inflation bankrupting our Middle Class. Everyone knows this, and all of the other problems caused by Kamala and Joe – It was discussed in great detail during the First Debate with Joe, and the Second Debate with Comrade Harris. She was a no-show at the Fox Debate, and refused to do NBC & CBS. KAMALA SHOULD FOCUS ON WHAT SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE DURING THE LAST ALMOST FOUR YEAR PERIOD. THERE WILL BE NO THIRD DEBATE!

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-says-hes-done-debating-there-will-be-no-third-debate/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I saw on facebook a quote attributed to JD Vance about Taylor Swift following her endorsing Harris: quote. I don't think many people are going to be influenced by a billionaire celebrity who I think is disconnected from the interests and the problems of most Americans. End quote. I got to thinking the alleged statement might have been intended to be a propaganda-style reverse-comment at another rich person by some-one other than Vance and checked if Vance had spoken the words.

It seems he did say something similar but his actual statement was apparently about the cost of shopping and the price of housing hurting most Americans : "We admire Taylor Swift's music, but I don’t think most Americans, whether they like her music, are fans of her or not, are going to be influenced by a billionaire celebrity who I think is fundamentally disconnected from the interests and the problems of most Americans," Vance said Wednesday on "The Story."  "When grocery prices go up 20%, it hurts most Americans, it doesn't hurt Taylor Swift. When housing prices become unaffordable, it doesn't affect Taylor Swift or any other billionaire," Vance continued. "It does affect middle-class Americans all over our country."

A polite way of taking a swipe at her for going against his boss where it counts on publicity and influencing people. The influence of the entertainment world is feared by the Trump campaign.

However, it seems some-one in the Trump and Vance campaign does understand and vocalize on the economic problems hitting Americans who are counting their change, even if Trump can't put it into words himself as his campaigns economic policy. Comment has been made about Harris not mentioning her campaigns economic policy at the debate, making it seem she does not have one. Harris has made a point in mentioning her upbringing as a child not being wealthy in her campaign, thus weaponizing the economy issue for Trump to use against her not just as V/P in the Biden Admin but as a campaign issue she does not have a handle on. She would be well advised to get whichever section of her campaign is covering that home front issue to pull their finger out and give her ammunition to use on it. Harris, as V/P, must have access to federal data on the issue of the economy and how the average American family is sorting out hos to pay the household bills.

Then they are made to eat their pet.

I heard it from a neighbour. So it must be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I wonder if he’ll express the same concern about an entertainment network (especially their millionaire employees) trying to sway people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Well he is sounding more and more like someone who took too many hits to the head

He must be smelling defeat at this stage.

I listened to this just now.

Swan described Trump as being fine for the first 15 mins. Trump apparently is "fine" when rambling, lying and being angry.

He then described the next forty minutes as "A missed opportunity", specifically *not* a disaster as posited by the presenter... And then fine for the end.

The presenter the summarises by saying "Harris achieved her goal. Trump? Not so much."

Astounding.

He angrily lied through his teeth about his economic record, the amount of people coming into the country, eating pets, that he had nothing to do with Jan 6th, that it was Pelosi's fault, that Biden "hates" Harris, circled back to denying he lost the election, lied about Biden and Harris prosecuting him, lied about abortion.

And that's their summation?

FFS

Not doing a third debate, when he was calling for it before, is certainly telling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Vance effectively saying...I don't think Americans will be swayed by a billionaire celebrity who is out of touch with reality so vote for a billionaire celebrity who is out of touch with reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭monseiur

Many years ago the US took in thousands of Vietnamese ''boat people'' as they were called at the time. Their past time was rounding up dogs in their neighbourhoods for their ………..until the long arm of the law caught up with them. Strange but true. Apparently dogs are considered a delicacy in Vietnam. So there may be a certain truth to Trumps statement.

After touring support from Billionaire "celebrity" Musk too...

• Advertisement

I'd expect (foolishly perhaps) more

Advertisement