Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election - read the warning in the OP posted 18/09/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I, along with many others, have explained to you how Trump has made clear that he is a racist.

You can stick your fingers in your ears all you want, but that doesn't make change things.

He is an out and out

1) racist

2) sexual abuser

3) fraudster

4) ignoramus

5) imbecile

6) misogynist

7) agitator

8) prolific liar

And you may think that you're doing a stellar job convincing others that this is not the case.

I strongly suspect you're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

The poster made a guess, as are you. But given the fact that politicians like Trump aren't getting elected in Ireland, it's fair to assume he's not got much of fan base. Weren't you previously selling yourself as on the fence or a centrist?

The thread seems to attract some pretty off the wall centrists. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,804 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think women know the Trump/Vance health care plan alright. They're at the wrong end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

Water, I get that you dont agree with my views. And that is ok. I am not going to try to change anyones views. But I am going to air mine. I havent tried to offend anyone. I do look at what I say before Posting. I know some of what I say might not align with the thread sentiment but why is that a bad thing?

I try to back up everything I say. I have probably missed some replies. This happens because sometimes I am replying to someone and somebody else tried to hyjack the conversation and take what I said in another direction. As I am sure you can understand, this makes it difficult to keep up with EVERY post. But I do try.

Everything I say is in good faith. People have accused me of lying but have never pointed out what the lie was. Correction someone has once (I am saying this because it was once). They mentioned I said Murder instead of the word killed. I accept that I used a different word but it didnt change what I was saying in the slightest. If you have any lies taht I have said please feel free to point them out.

I mentioned that teh Trump saying the Proud boys and White supremacists where good people was debunked. Niot only did I say it, I provided video proof.

Lastly, I do get accused here of posting nonsense. But just because you dont agree with a view doesnt make it nonsense. If I made something up fair enough but I havent. Nobody has bothered going further on that because it is a lazy thing to say.

I welcome any debate or argument but I would prefer if we try to keep it civil. Some of the stuff on here can get a little disgusting. The posters who have sent me stuff know who they are. Probably the only reason I am still here to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Are these white / caucasian immigrants?

Nope.

It is obviously and demonstrably referring to particular races. When Trump says immigrant he is talking about immigrants of particular racial backgrounds.

He isnt talking about illegal Irish poisoning the blood of the nation.

Or eating pets.

So yes it is racist when it comes from Trump, Vance the big money stooge, Trumps campaign or Trumps media attack dogs like Loomer.

It is race baiting coming from a pack of lying hate filled racists and the morally bankrupt the lot of them.

I replied to your post earlier with an image from Trump campaign of a mob taking over a neighborhood... no white faces.

You had no response.

You are in no position to lecture anyone on this thread about what racism is, your posts are an abject lesson in trying and failing to excuse it while it stares you in the face and is pumped out by Trump and his campaign.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If you were following trump before his political run, you'll know he is bad at business and left unpaid debts everywhere behind him (again, the fraud case that he lost was a clear example of this behavior, see also the Chicago tower and Deutsche bank). The Apprentice money got him out of a hole and was essentially acting money. He was a multiple time busted flush before becoming a reality star.

This then followed him through into his presidency where he exploded the national debt with crazy tax policies before COVID hit (after he made a promise to pay back the national debt during his presidency).

Again, evidence based examples.

So I give you a pass on your evidence yet you jump on me for it right away.

You see the game that is played in here?

You made the claim of 3% so its up to you to show the evidence

"What do the media in Ireland got to do with anything?" - bit obvious that the media in Ireland drive the sentiment in Ireland and affect the approval of people and companies for teh Irish people? I mean cmon that is pretty clear.

No concept of diplomacy? How many times has Biden or Harris spoken to Putin in regards to that diplomatic issue? Any answer that isnt zero times is incorrect. Trump tried diplomatic paths with North Korea ffs. The democrats refuse to even try. There was no new wars or serious conflicts under Trump.

As for not suffering fools as politicians……….. have you not seen our governement over the last 30 years?

But see the issue is people like you inflate these things by throwing in off the cuff remarks, Ignoramus, imbecile, how are these measured? You cant just stick to facts. Even "prolific liar" is hard to prove. You have to prove the person is knowingly saying something not true.

Do you think Trump would hire a woman or black person to run one of his businesses?

As for the fraudster stuff, read the actual facts of the case first.

But you've misrepresented multiple times in this thread including producing false quotes, refusing to provide evidence of claims etc. You are not big on bringing facts into the discussion. You've attempted to downplay him being a rapist and now you're moving onto the fraud he committed.

Trump being a prolific liar is a fact, a lot of his fans seem to do similar.

"Even "prolific liar" is hard to prove."

No, it isn't.

Like every other statement of fact I listed above, it is true.

You just cannot or will not allow yourself to believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You made the claim of 3% so its up to you to show the evidence

No, it isn't.

"What do the media in Ireland got to do with anything?" - bit obvious that the media in Ireland drive the sentiment in Ireland and affect the approval of people and companies for teh Irish people? I mean cmon that is pretty clear.

No President ever before (or sense) broadcast so much of what he was thinking and saying publicly. He pushed his own use of Twitter, he demanded press conferences, he organizes all the campaign events where he rambles on as he wishes.

Anyone with a smidgen of interest in politics knows who he is, and what he is, because of him. The days of the media telling us what to think are long gone for anyone with a smidgen of ability to source information and dissect it themselves.

As for not suffering fools as politicians……….. have you not seen our governement over the last 30 years?

Irish government over the last 30 years? The 30 years that saw the arrival at the Good Friday agreement? The emergence of the Celtic Tiger? The development of a massive multinational headquarter base? One of the strongest recoverys from the 2008 financial crash? The recognition of a population that is educated to a high level of quality? A widely respected response to Covid?

I'm not for a second painting Irish politicians as geniuses or heroes but to classify them as fools as a group-set is just flat out ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Cosying up to dictators and letting them know they can do what they want without repercussions isn’t diplomatic.

It’s treason.

OK i give you that I said murder instead of Killed in one quote.

Has there been another false quote?

Refusing to provide evidence? When? The only time was I didnt want to post someone killing a cat but I ended up posting an image of where it is on twitter.
    I also posted evidence of a quote that was debunked saying that Trump said the white supremacists where good people. I gave a video ffs.

So what facts have I not brought?

I currently live in a medium sized city in Northern Europe. Yesterday, I was living an office and outside, a group of 4 girls probably aged about 6 or 7 were playing together speaking in their native language. As I walked past them, I heard one of them chant 'They're eating the cats, they're eating the dogs', in English and her and her playmates laughing loudly as she said it.

How low has Trump brought the office of the President of the United States that he is being used as a joke, a meme, by literal children, and very young ones, in another country thousands of miles away.

Giving a screenshot of a few words is not proof. Am I able to drill down does so called misleading claims?

For example David Muir wrongly "Fact checked" Trump he was wrong about the crime stats. Yet Trump was right with what he said. The FBI report excluded stats in big cities.

You cant just tell someone "your are wrong, trust me". It is factually correct that many in here ignore media that might show Trump in a good light. If you dont see both sides, how do you get a real view on things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

If you talk to those who work in mental health care, be it in a professional or a voluntary basis, then they would tell you how badly some are affected and your assumptions are incorrect.

The problem is that we have gone from locking people away in asylums and "homes" for nothing, to a situation where even when someone is clearly unwell can refuse treatment and getting someone to talk to them let alone an involuntary admission to the hospital is nearly impossible for their family members who have been left to care for the person through the home based treatment system.

Now that isn't to say that there aren't other reasons why an Irish person might support trump or others like him in other countries, business etc, regardless of what they they have done or been found liable and guilty for.

As to what those reasons are that they believe that they have something in common with or is worth their support of trump et al, well they don't tend to be honest about them when you get down to the details of their lives.

Anthony Scaramucci, (another former Trumper who no longer rates him) was involved in talking to Harris's team before last weeks debate. I heard him talking about it on his podcast.

He said that they had statistics from his public speaking/debates recordings that he lied on average once every 97 seconds and that there was literally little point in trying to point out every lie he tells because he does it so much, its impossible to do on a debate setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Anyone watch the channel 4 documentary tonight on Trump and the 2020 election? Fascinating watching - part 2 tomorrow evening.

One thing I noted- in the days following the results he ditched his own trusted advisors and eventually surrounded himself with the rabble of Guiliani et al.

He’s doing the same thing again now with the likes of Laura Loomer at the disgust of his campaign team - history repeating itself - he obviously doesn’t like what his team are saying so his seeking out yes men and women . He ignored the advice of his campaign team in 2020 and lost - I believe he’s doing it again - they mentioned that he lost in2020 in the suburbs- I can’t imagine him winning there this time either - some rural redneck town sure, but not the suburbs -getting more confident now Harris will landslide this overall

More details here on this H B O documentary show on ch 4 over two nights

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/sep/17/trump-january-6-stopping-steal-documentary

You have random questionable Twitter links but you refused to provide any credible news source. Twitter is simply a crap source. I would say it's a pretty big claim that immigrants are kidnapping pets to eat them, that should be a huge news story but you can't produce such a story.

In relation to the quote, you quoted the father perfectly but modified one word. That strikes me as more than simply a mistake. Then there was claiming Trump wasn't a convicted felon etc.

Anyway, I'm gonna leave you to it cause I don't think you're engaging in this discussion in particularly good faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I like how this makes claims that only Trump can save the country and democracy.

But this doesn't count as incitement to violence like the similar quotes held against democrats as being responsible for Trumps season assassination attempt.

The only distinction seems to be that since Trump did it, it's ok.

The God king can do no wrong.

• Advertisement

Actually yes it is. You made the claim that it was 3%

Here is a site that gives the international confidence in Trump. I only checked this now, and the UK sentiment is 30%
    https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2024/06/11/confidence-in-donald-trump/

I have provided evidence to my claim. You have provided nothing. Maybe I actually know what I am talking about? Hmmm cant be right.

If you really think that media is not a huge influence on peoples opinion, you need to wise up mate. The media is more of an influence now than ever!! Both online and off.

I dont want to derail the thread by talking about Irish politics, as my views are not welcomed in here very obviously, but Im not sure we agree on the success of the Irish government over the last 30 years.

You mean that memes about Biden havent been happening for 4 years? People didnt mock a rubbish VP Kamala?

Dangerous world leaders are confident about taking military action. Thats how bad people think about the American president right now. For all the talk of Trump and WW3. It was a democrat who allowed Russia into Ukraine and to keep Crimea. Then his VP allowed Russia to finish the job when he took office. Do you honestly think anyone will be worried about Kamala strongarming any strong world leader? She will need a week of prep before even saying hello. Not that the democrats have any interest in diplomacy.

Either everyone else on here is wrong and you alone are right, or......

Making a claim of how good you are in providing evidence of Trump support in Ireland while showing an image that makes no reference to Ireland is quite the act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Comedy isn't universal, but recognising bullshít and laughing at the person saying or repeating it might well be.

You mean that memes about Biden havent been happening for 4 years? People didnt mock a rubbish VP Kamala?

Well done on missing the point. The significance of my story is that within a week, 6 year olds in a European country are actively making fun of Trump, in their second language. Thats very different to Babylon Bee publish a comic strip that adults with an active interest in current affairs are reading.

Dangerous world leaders are confident about taking military action. Thats how bad people think about the American president right now. For all the talk of Trump and WW3. It was a democrat who allowed Russia into Ukraine and to keep Crimea. Then his VP allowed Russia to finish the job when he took office. Do you honestly think anyone will be worried about Kamala strongarming any strong world leader? She will need a week of prep before even saying hello. Not that the democrats have any interest in diplomacy.

I thought you guys think Biden is a warmonger? And yet you want him to have actively challenged Putin? How exactly? Be specific.

We all saw Putin smile while Trump cowered, stop trying to ignore his actual ability while in the role. The UN attendants literally laughed at him.

I said it at the time with Guilliani. The guy is a snake. Same with Loomer. To be honest I dont think she actually has that much influence over him. But thats teh problem. I think he needs someone who will stand up to him and tell him how to play the election.

No matter your feelings on Trump, he would have won this after the first assassination attempt, if he had a stronger advisor. Ive always disliked the mocking stuff.

He would have lost in 2016 if Clinton had had a strong advisor.

2016-2020 showed how unfit he was for the role and incompetent in office. with devastating effects. Here's hoping he'll finally start to being removed from impactful conversations within the next 2 months. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Yet you have provided what stats to aid your guess?

The evidence I provided was a link to a site. It gives European confince in him and teh average. It doesnt give Ireland but gives our closest neighbours who we tend to agree with in terms of American politics.

Advertisement