Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election - read the warning in the OP posted 18/09/24

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Were any of them Confederate leaders?

Who know , people that led an armed insurrection against their own country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Who were the non white supremacists or non neo Nazis? If you attend a rally organised by Nazis, you are a part of them and happy to be associated with them. So it's bs to say that it was concerned historical groups or something. Trump would also have been briefed on who organised the rally etc. He just didn't want to risk losing the support of the Nazis. Similar to when he told the proud boys to stand back and stand by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,020 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Where both candidates asked to answer the question?

Where both candidates fact checked?

Where both candidates argued with by the moderator?

Was either candidate fact checked even though the fact check was incorrect?

LOL yes, both candidates were asked to answer questions, good lord.

Do you acknowledge that at least at one point, a moderator wanted to jump in on what Harris had said but that Trump interrupted them (yet again) thereby denying them the possibility to 'argue with' her statement?

Which fact checks are you claiming are incorrect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What did he do that makes you consider the last time he was in office a great job?

It is amazing that despite being directly involved in politics for the last 9 years, and having so many instances of his words being misunderstood or taken out of context, at no point has Trump ever apologized or looked to change his language such that this misunderstanding would not continue.

If I were running for office, and I said several times, something that many consider to be racist or fueling racism, I would try to be as unequivocal as possible to ensure that nobody could misinterpret what I meant.

So either he cannot learn from his past mistakes or he doesn't care? Once or twice, you can put it down to a lack of care in his language. 9 years tells us exactly who he is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You seem incapable of telling us he WAS talking about though.

The infallible Mr Trump said "fine people on both sides" - Who were they??

Oh FFS…

"It doesn't matter if there weren't any fine people there because Trump said he wasn't talking about the Nazis he was talking about other people that weren't even there so that makes it ok"

As the young people say these days "Go touch some grass…"

But it does matter if they all were.

If they were all neo nazis, then Trump was referring to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

I do not need to tell you. If I told you it would be my "Opinion".

Instead we have it first hand. We have first hand evidence that he said he is not talking about neo nazis.

Nothing else matters. Unless you show me that he said the neo nazis are fine people, you have no argument.

• Advertisement

It's very much relevant. If somebody said that about Kristallnacht, that would be fine cause there they aren't talking about the Nazis? Or the people who are really bad get the impression that they're not the problem.

I have provided two videos mate. If they are not working just let me know and I can repost them.

Continuing to lie about it, and that is literally what you are doing, is just weird.

What I posted are verbatim quotes, how are verbatim quotes lies now? 😃

You will watch those videos and hear those same words spoken verbatim. Fact. ✅

the bloodbath, what did he say before that? what was he talking about?

What people was he talking about that were fine people?

Doesn't matter, that has nothing to do with refuting that Kamala Harris' claim that he said those things during the debate are the literal truth, he literally said each of those things.

as for your hoax bomb question that would be the Governor of Ohio who stated that it was form oversees and said it was one country in particular. I didnt see him name said country.

I mean its just all over the news if you really bothered checking. But that might be a bit much to expect.

If you calmed down and read the post where I addressed this you'd know that I am already aware of the reporting - which doesn't evidence that all of the bomb threats are from overseas, only the 'vast majority' of them. Would it be too much to expect you read the posts where you make exasperated expressions of what is too much to expect? lolz.

Was it a Neo Nazi rally?

You claimed it wasn't even though it was organised and attended entirely by nazis.

Trump said "both sides" and one side was entirely nazis and people fine with supporting nazis.

Yet it doesnt change the fact he wasnt talking about neo nazis.

Harris never mentioned 'Neo Nazis' in her response, so why this red herring?

Do you think there were fine people marching with the Neo Nazis and white supremacists at the Neo Nazi March? Why would Trump think there was?

YES.. Yes he was.

Because if they were there - THEY ARE NAZIS.

So when he said "fine people , not the Nazis" it was a DOG WHISTLE - they were ALL NAZIS , by trying to suggest that some of them weren't Nazis but were in fact "fine people" he was LYING , because they WERE ALL NAZIS.

But the Nazis get to tell everyone that they were one of the "fine people" that Trump said were there that weren't because if you were there , you are a Nazi.

You really can't be that incapable of comprehension can you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,195 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In case full tweet not visible, a police report Vance's team supplied where a woman suspected her cat was taken by Haitian neighbours was found a few days later alive in her own basement. The report also says she found some meat (no bones or fur and no evidence it was even cat meat) in her backyard and put it in the freezer thinking it might be her cat and she wanted to have it cremated.

It's both hilarious and depressing that Trump & Vance are now so tied to this entire lie that revolves around cases such as a woman who didn't realise her cat was in her basement, and that she was going to cremate some random meat found in her backyard thinking it was her cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭nachouser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,661 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

This is the real news today tbh

“If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m gonna do” - JD Vance

Ah yes there is so much suffering going on that.. there are so few facts about that.. we have to make **** up about eating dogs to -

Anyone else follow the logic here?

Doesn't sound like they have enough evidence of american suffering to fill a donut box or a couch cushion so they're making **** up whole cloth.

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2024/09/18/so-jd-vance-admits-making-up-stories-protect-public-letters/

https://www.advocate.com/election/jd-vance-admits-lies

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/jd-vance-make-up-pet-eating-story-haitian-rcna171326

Taking a step back from this fishing trawler of red herrings Vance is creating, I'd say the purpose of this play has been to, if we're being charitable to their campaign's intellect, force Harris-Walz to waste energy in red-leaning Ohio to try and keep them from gaining further ground in the important swing states like North Carolina.

That said it's also just as likely to backfire on them - but all politics is local, and maybe Ohioans really love this ****, OTOH though I believe it is more likely to lose MAGA supporters in Ohio because the joke is no longer funny when it's been leading to bomb threats etc.

Also, it should be pointed out, these allegations about Haitians eating pets hoax was launched by a neo nazis (that's a fact), and apparently now the lie has even pivoted to targeting other minorities besides Haitians, like the Black community.

• Advertisement

The type of person he is - I would describe as self centered, egotistical, arrogant, competitive, thinks he is always right, ambitious and stubborn. He also speaks what is on his mind.

I have pointed out in here a tone of times that if I was managing him I would tell him to come out on tv apologies for the rhetoric and tell people that we need to stop with the childish politics. I would have him think more before he says stuff.

The problem is that a lot of his core base like the fact he isnt a "politician" in the polished sense. Thats why he will never change.

As for what I think he did to be considered a great job:

Lowering corporation tax. Sucks for us in Ireland. But for them it was a positive. It helped to stimulate growth in the economy.

Judicial Appointments. I know this one will be controversial. But from a conservative pov this was a positive. The same way that when a liberal judge is appointed it is seen as a positive for liberals.

De regulations. His policy on cutting more regulations than allowing was huge.

First Steps Act. Absolutely amazing act that should have been done years prior.

Covid response. Maybe people will cite his bleach talk. But not many will recognise project warp speed where he directed funds to prioritize the development and distribution of vaccines

He was responsible for peace in the middle east at the time. His brokering of the abraham accords allowed for normalisation between Israel and the UAE. Things where actually going really well there at the time.

Russia after taken Crimea under Obama and Biden were in dialogue with the US again. The Dems didnt like it but there was calming.

Trump went to North Korea

Trump sent military to ease tensions in the China sea

No new wars happened under Trump. He started plans to withdraw from Afghan. He negotiated with the Taliban to ensure safe withdrawal. Terms that were not kept by the next administration.

Jobs growth was up until Covid hit

Crime was down until Covid hit

Yea sure keep lying there lad

I guess today has been a lesson for all of us about where lies are coming from

Yes. You.

You claimed it wasn't a Neo nazi rally.

That was a lie.

I am defending him from the very obvious lies

Two HUGE examples that we are currently talking about in thread

But they aren't lies. They are true.

And in the process of "defending" a liar, a racist and a man you agree is mentally incapable of being president, you are telling lies and turning yourself into knots to do so.

And the only thing your accomplishing is making Trump supports look even more ridiculous.

I claimed that he wasnt talking about neo nazis and white supremacists. You are you ilk are trying to grasp at anything you can to avoid the fact you are lying.

He said he wasnt talking about them. It doesnt matter if they were literally burning people. He said "I am not talking about them. They should be called out" (Not actual quote not that any of you seem to care about the actual quote)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭Shoog

Who exactly where the good people who were not neo-nazi on both sides at Charlottesville.

Trump praised a rally consisting of 100% neo-nazi's as having good people on both sides - so who were they.

Trump can praise neo-nazi's in one breath and then claim he isn't in the next - but everyone, including the neo-nazi's understand exactly who he is praising. You unfortunately seem incapable of seeing what Trump did when he praised the both sides at Charlottesville, but I really suspect you are feigning ignorance of what Trump did.

I am sure you will similarly be excusing him for not condemning the bomb threat now happening in Springfield.

Did he say that teh neo nazis were very fine people?

No. He didnt. In fact he specifically said he wasnt.

When he said the word bloodbath was it violent?

No. He was talking about manufacturing plants been taken from the US.

The fact that you lot are trying to say "but they were all neo nazis so he had to be talking about neo nazis despite saying he wasnt talking about neo nazis"

Yet you think i am the one tied in knots? Funny lad

You claimed it wasn't a neo nazi rally in this post:

It wasnt a neo nazi rally.

He was talking about the nazis. He said "both sides" and one side is entirely Nazis.

• Advertisement

You're lying again, you said it wasn't a Neo Nazi rally. Then I pointed out that the organizers were well known neo Nazis... You can't even get it straight what you're claiming at any given time.

It wasnt a neo nazi rally. It was a rally about stop pulling down historic statues

Advertisement