Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election - read the warning in the OP posted 18/09/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Economics101

This guy does seem to have been spotted before he could have done real harm. The Secret Service were apparently surveiling the course two or three holes in advance of DJT.

I suppose the MAGA crowd would take offence if one said that he was simply exercising his 2nd amendment rights.

Harris and Walz were both very quick to codemn and act of violence: they did not have to be asked to do so. One wishes that such condemnations were equally forthcoming on other recent threats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Be hard to blame Trump if he did a Biden going forward and conducted the rest of the campaign from his basement…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

LOL

Have you finally dropped the pretence of being a centrist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

Agreed. The civil war talk is scare mongering. But it's 100% both sides doing it. As much as people in here like to pretend it's just one side who have complete nut jobs. There are people on both sides who lap up the "threat to democracy" talk (from both sides)

IIt won't happen. But Trump and Harris need to come out together in a joint press conference side by side. They need to tell the people that there is no room for this stuff in an election. They should remind people that they can vote for the person they are backing and that will be enough. They then both (sides) need to stop with the bs talk about each other.

Trump is not going to ban abortion.

Harris Is not taking everyone's guns (she should).

Neither is going to start WW3

I mean ffs why can't people talk about policies instead of thinking about the individual. It doesn't help. I get that people on here want to talk about his crimes etc. But that isn't going to effect votes. It doesn't matter of you think it should. Likewise, how Kamala got into the race won't affect votes (even though some say it should)

I expect this post to be attacked of course. But maybe just maybe we can all try to be civil? Let's stick to their policies. Harris has some decent policies. I wish she would lean into the gun ban etc. I am not sure about her home deposite scheme. But that's what I mean. That's something worth talking about. Not the fact that vd vance has sex with furniture or Tim Walz' resume is full of exaggerations etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They just prove our point again and again! Disgusting individuals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Lads, this is a 78 year old Preseidential Candidate for the president of the United States..…posting like an 8 year old boy on his social media account.

This is ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

In shocking news, the shooter is a bit odd but not a Democrat. Actually has plenty in common with both Trump and Kennedy on vaccines etc. Basically a conspiracy theorist and Trump's actual target audience... So another shooter that has far more in common with the right IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Dingaan

Eh okay, looks like a reliable source of information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Ah, you just don't understand Leroy. It's all part of a big psychological master plan. Don will say the he hates her and Harris will then think the she hates her too and reject her endorsement. Then Tay Tay will come crawling back. It's next level stuff.

NLP and all that jazz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

More brain dead moronic "answers"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,015 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Who is they, and what point did you ever make? 😃

Poster warned and 1 day forum ban applied

Post edited by Beasty on

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

The only thing making a comeback in the GOP right now is Donald’s PTSD. He can’t even hide at the golf course anymore like he did the last time. Maybe Stormy has a granny flat in the back garden to hide him until he regains his footing a second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Any policies of Trump you want to mention? Let's stick to their policies…. your words. You mention Harris but refrain from mentioning any of Trumps.

But to your post, do you really, really think Trump would stand their shoulder to shoulder with Harris and not jump into some crazy rant about immigrants eating cats or Hannibal lector?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Pretty easy to track down plenty about the man cause mentions of him online are pretty prolific. Odds are this is his Facebook profile…

And there's a very good reason to assume so based on the Ukraine posts. Also his posts don't read like a person who is particularly well imho.

https://greensboro.com/man-with-gun-barricades-self-inside-business/article_3006b4f9-9370-5b08-a54e-46c87faf6cbe.html

I am saying what I would hope would happen. Because violence is never the answer.

I can talk loads about Trump policies. How about the key role he played in the first steps act. There was loads in it as a start to change, but For example his ban on shakles for pregnant women was insane. Insane how it wasn't done by a democrat before then. It passed as bipartisian but he pushed it.

I mentioned Harris' policies as the audience here seems to not be fond of Trump so thought you'd be more interested in Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Violence is never the answer…. wish you told Trump that on Jan 6th.

So those same policies, Trump is running on again?

Or do you mean his new polices of a massive tariff on BRICS imports, to be paid for by US citizens or maybe deporting legal Haitian migrants to Venezuela.

I think people would love to be able to debate Trump policies with someone who supports Trump. Ya know, hash out the details of how an iPhone in America will near treble in cost will be good for Americans. How tariffs will not be paid by the consumer, that's a good one. Does his tax free overtime have any restrictions? Can I work 1hr a week and 39 become tax free overtime. These are all soundbites, not policies.

Ok the tarrifs is a good idea. I wouldn't have went for it but a luxury tax is a great way to improve both American products and take in a tax on foreign items.

Let's say Nissan want ti sell cars in their lot in Viginia. They need to pay the tariffs that will be passed on of course. But that will lower the demand for Nissan as most people will go for American brands instead. This means American brands make more money. It doesn't stop you from buying Nissan. But it ensures if you do, then a luxury tax is paid to the government coffers.

It wouldn't be my favorite policy of course but I can see past the scare monger headlines.

I like that he (moreso his party) want to stay out of people's lives. Less regulation is a good thing. It allows companies more freedom when starting up. Why should a tin of tuna have loads of different regulation oversights for example. See John Olivers clip on governmental oversights for a better understanding. I woildnt do it justice. He is far from a Trump fan.

I agree with his policies on voter id(I don't understand why anyone would be against it).

I like his view on forcing insurance companies to cover idf.

I like his views on getting rid of any gender or racial discrimination in schools and colleges in America. That incudes any case of choosing someone because of their skin color, religion or gender.

The most important one has to be his views on free speech. You should not be able to compel a company into suppressing your political advisories or information that you think damages your brand.

While most on here see Trump as a problem. I see the Democrat party as an issue. Just look at what they are doing and really ask yourself, is it fair? Choosing candidates that their support didn't want. Suppressing free speech. Using msm platforms that will allow their own editors before going out to the public. Only allowing interviews with pre approved questions.

Most think anyone but Trump. I'm not anto Harris or anti Biden. I think the issue is the Democrat party are not the same party from the 90s. They are not what I grew up and saw as the side of the people.

A lot think the right has gone so far yo the right. But they fail to see the left has done the same in the opposite way. Both have become so extreme it's disgusting. I like Trump because he isn't as extreme as the republicans want him to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,402 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Its funny the opinions on CNN from contributors . He had a ak47, with a scope , Trump was within shot, he must be an absolute amateur. Their clear frustration is real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,402 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That's twice the other side in this election has tried to kill their opposition, why the radical left tell us he's the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Are you forgetting Jan 6th or does that not count cause they were only trying to kill people other than Trump?

Oh, go on, tell us how much blame Trump gets for the First Step Act lol

(Fact is he had to be dragged into a room to sign it):

While he had branded himself as a tough-on-crime Republican, getting Trump on board wasn’t simple. Then-Senate Judiciary Chair Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, labored to convince him that embracing criminal justice reform wouldn’t tarnish his image — and could even be a political boon. The support of influential conservatives, and celebrities like Kim Kardashian, further convinced Trump the move would win over certain demographics.

He has since distanced himself from it:

But he later snubbed it on the campaign trail, choosing instead to attack Democrats over calls to defund the police. His skepticism became more pronounced after a summer of protests and violence following the murder of George Floyd while in police custody.

“President Trump was always skeptical that it was the right policy and that it would be received well by voters, and he has remarked to almost anyone who’d listen that it was something Jared talked him into,” said one former Trump official. “There’s always a certain push and pull with President Trump between being the hardliner and the deal-maker and this is a classic example of where that conflict emerged in the policy sense."

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/01/trump-republicans-first-step-act-00029104

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Seems like this guy spent a lot of time in Ukraine helping with the war effort. Doesnt seem like your usual republican/Trumper. Surely someone frequently traveling to a war zone would be known to the government?

He also posted stuff like this, so no, it's not really clearcut which side he is on. Definitely seems like an unhinged nutcase either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

He knows the different sections of his base alright

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The trend is for a Trump win. It has barely fluctuated away from that. It’s genuinely worrying.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

How much blame he gets for the first steps act?

Yea giving prisoners human rights is a terrible thing.

No shakles for pregnant inmates

Made the fair sentencing act retrospective

Earned time credits

Compassionate leave

Incarnation near families.

Just some of the points of the bill.

Of course he isn't bragging about it anymore. Have you seen crime rates in the current admin? "Sure crime is up, but we want to be softer on criminals" isn't exactly the best campaign slogan.

Trump was all about the first steps act initially. It was Kushner who was his biggest influence on it. because hemis dad (I think itvwas his dad) wss in prison. The biggest problem was his party getting on board, not Trump himself. A tough on crime party signing a law in that would ease up on criminals? Surely you get that part without having to Google "how can Trump and the first steps act be a bad thing for trump".

The first steps act didn't go far enough imo. But considering it's the republicans, it's a huge win and big first step.

There is very few dems who would use the act against Trump.

He was a registered democrat. But again, and I don't believe I have to say it........ it doesn't matter what political party he was with.

He was an anti trumper and that's the point.

He was pro blm(showing how far back his support goes online anyway). Pro biden. Pro Harris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This is exhausting.

There is a mental health crisis in the US and easy access to guns.

*That's* the main problem and always has been.

Only one party is trying to do something about gun control. Only one party steadfastly refuses to.

Advertisement