Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election - read the warning in the OP posted 18/09/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So what's the difference between this comment and ones you listed eariler that were unacceptable from democrats?

Did they not have context that excused them also? Did you look into the context of any of them?

Also, you don't have a leg to stand on since your boy told racist lies that resulted in bomb threats. Making up a conspiracy about those threats doesn't make them go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

I provided a video to show you are wrong………………. I mean you seem incapable of even watching videos that are provided for you now. Maybe you should ask someone to show you how to click the video to make it play.

You are lying

So it doesn't matter if there weren't actually people there who weren't neo-nazis and racists.

So when Trump was refering to "good people" he was refering to imaginary people who weren't there…?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So..

AGAIN - Who exactly were these "Fine People on both sides" of whom he spoke?

Who were the "fine people" there to cheer on the Neo-Nazis as they marched through the town???

Technically, yes he said he didn't mean the Nazis , but who DID he mean when he said "fine people on both sides"??

Because if you were there and were in any way shape or form remotely sympathetic to the marchers that puts you on their "side", and that means YOU ARE NOT "FINE PEOPLE".

So , no there were not fine people on both sides

There were Nazis and Nazi adjacent sympathisers on one side - None of them fall into the Category of "Fine People"

On the other side you had Ordinary locals protesting the arrival of the Nazis (and maybe a few bad actors as well) - Most but probably not all of them would be "Fine people".

So.

It really really shouldn't be this hard for you to understand this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,015 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Firstly I dont know and I dont care if non neo nazis turned up. It doesnt matter.

Just giving up there now. So it's settled, Trump said there were fine people on both sides. Kamala Harris remarks are absolutely true and correct. ✅

Without any evidence of any fine people on that side we are left to conclude there weren't any - what is alleged without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Least of all where there "many" such very fine people on that side, the documented evidence of the rally shows a dearth of anyone (aside from the counter-protestors) not carrying or walking happily alongside those with a swastika, traitor rag, or carrying and emblazoning other recognized hate group symbolism, including the KKK, who under Trump, were comfortable enough for perhaps the first time in their history to run around without covering their faces, by the thousands, all the while chanting bile like "Jews will not replace us, Jews will not replace us, Jews will not replace us."

Nothing that anyone else is saying here is a lie and YELLING it doesn't make it less true, it just makes your argument seem that much more unhinged tbh.

• Advertisement

This is the same comment with proof on how it was debunked and how it is a lie. In fact if you look at the post just above you, you will see Overhead repeating the same lie. Some people seem to need things spoonfed to them. The bloodbath and very fine people lies are repeated over and over and used against Trump. When I have shown here in a couple of posts that both are at the very least misleading. The fact that they are repeated make them rhetoric and lies.

As for the quotes about killing Trump. No there was no extra context. They were celebs talking about Trump and saying disgusting things about wanting to kill him.

As for the bomb threats they were from oversees. So how people from oversees would be so angry at Haitian immigrants in Springfield. Unless they are fans of the Simpsons of course. Then I get it.

You are ignoring that Biden/Harris have gotten someone killed and had two assassination attempts on Trumps life. I know its boring to keep reading that sentence. But people here seem to want to pretend it didnt happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It doesnt matter who I think he was referring to.

ALL that matters is that he tells you in the video who he is not referring to.

But your conspiracy claim about false flag bomb threats has been debunked. It's a lie on your part.

As is your claim that the democrat quotes don't have any context. You never looked into any of those quotes.

Also, none of them said anything about "killing" Trump. Another lie on your part.

And no, Biden/Harris didn't get someone killed from their statements or caused the assassination attempts. Don't be silly. No one really buys that.

What? "Technically yes he said"

There is ZERO TECHNICALITY HERE

He Literally said it

If I have a bag of apples and I say I will eat all of the apples that arent bad apples. Then I open the bag and realise they are all bad apples. It doesnt mean Im going to eat a bad apple!!!

Take off the blinkers and admit you are all falling for a lie. I have shown you the proof yet you are still trying to defend this. If it was the other way around you would be saying "typical Trump supporter"

• Advertisement

It does matter if those people don't actually exist.

You can't point out who he was refering to. So they don't exist.

So either Trump was lying again, like you believe he was when he claimed to have won the debate he lost.

Or he believes in fictional people. Which indicates he's not mentally fit.

(Or he was refering to all them Nazis.)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Schrodingers Fine People??

Are you not exhausted from all the gymnastics trying to protect someone who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire?

Where have i said anything about the bomb threat being a false flag?

You cant say I said something and then say Im lying. Thats not how words work.

If I said it, you can quote the post where I said it for everyone to see.

As for teh quotes.

Depp said his at Glasto

Madonna said hers on one of the tonight type shows

They are all very easy to find if you want to debunk me with context. You show context where its ok to say "where is Wilkes booth when you need him".

So neither of the assassin wannabes wanted to kill Trump because they thought he was a threat to democracy? Neither repeated Biden/Harris rhetoric repeatedly before trying to kill him?

How can you assign blame of a bomb threat to Vance and Trump because of words and totally unassign blame for the words used against Trump personally before he was almost killed twice

Final time - He says "I don't mean the Nazis" So who DOES he mean??

If they don't exist then he was LYING.

He lied because it allowed him to pretend to condemn the Nazis whilst giving all the people there the ability to say to themselves "Well , I'm obviously one of the Fine people and not the Nazis , so I still love Trump".

That you refuse point blank to acknowledge the deliberate purpose of that equivocation suggests that it is you that needs to remove the blinkers.

You claimed that in your last post when you lied about the phone calls "Coming from oversees".

The rest of your post is just a very very funny demonstration of your hypocrisy.

You can't moan and lie about Biden's and Harris's statements, then ignore all of the racist lies that came from your idol.

When you do that, it only serves to make Trump supporters look more and more ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭blackcard

The questions in the debate were about the following

*Economy, are you better off than 4 years

*Tariffs

*Abortion

*Immigration and the border

*Harris flip flopping eg re fracking

*Jan 6 and Trump coming up short

*Israel

*Ukraine

*Afghanistan

*Climate change

*Harris being black

*Healthcare

It veered down some rabbit holes and went off on a few tangents. I don't think there were any surprises. Harris spoke for 37 min 41 sec, Trump for 43 min 3 sec. Trump got the last word on all but 1 topic. Seemed fair enough to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Sweet suffering Christ…

If you go to a rally organised by neo-nazi's and white nationalists, but don't class yourself as one, but you go to support the neo nazi's and white nationalists because "you agree with some of their 'less racist' ideals"…

Guess what?

You are a neo-nazi/white nationalist sympathizer.

Now, he said,

"you had people and I'm not talking about the neo-nazis and the white nationalist because they should be condemned totally but you had many people in that group other than neo-nazis and white nationalists"

Who could go to a neo nazi/white nationalist rally, with burning torches and be described as "a very fine person"?

Please for the love of God, can you tell me who? Was a soup run for the homeless caught up in the march? Maybe some tidy towns members were out picking litter that night?

In your opinion, what type of very fine person gets caught at a white supremacist/nationalist/ neo-nazi rally?

I am exhausted from people in here trying to drive anyone away that has an opinion that differs to them

I am exhausted from people in here trying to get anyone banned that doesnt agree with them

I am exhausted from people in here trying to pretend that different views are "fake news" and "Nonsense" even when proof is given

Are you not exhausted when everyone in here just agrees with each other. I mean is it really better when teh thread looks like

"Did you see what Trump said"

"Yea I hate that baby"

"Yea he sucks"

"Yea he does"

"Has Harris had any rallies lately"

"Dont know but she is great"

"Yea she is. But Trump sucks"

"Yea he does"

I mean cmon. I try to stay civil. When someone tries to give an opinion I dont jump at them with "Citation needed" or "You are lying". People in here are at a 10. They need to simmer a little. We dont all have to agree. If you tell me that You think Walz is the greatest running mate in history, i might disagree with you. I might tell you why I disagree or might tell you if I think someone else was better. But it doesnt matter what I say because it shouldnt change your opinion. It is just someone on line giving an opinion.

But that isnt allowed in here. There is a group here that see to that.

By nessesity, any decent person who might turn up to this rally, would see all of the Nazi flags, racist chants and general shittery and immediately turn around and leave.

If a person sees all of that and doesn't leave, they are not a good or decent person.

It wasnt a neo nazi rally. It was a rally about stop pulling down historic statues. You dont think normal people have opinions on that? Neo nazis of course where there because they are scum and want to get involved in any potential race baiting. But there were violent people on the left also. Doesnt mean everyone was violent. Doesnt make the nazis suddenly ok.

No offense intended here, but by saying he is not talking about neo nazis, means he is not talking about neo nazis. If that leaves zero people then it still means he is not talking about neo nazis.

• Advertisement

So then he was talking about imaginary people.

If they had a problem with the removal of Statues commemorating Slavery supporting Traitors then guess what?

Not "Fine People" either.

More gish gallop, and you want to complain about lies

The bloodbath and very fine people lies are repeated over and over and used against Trump. When I have shown here in a couple of posts that both are at the very least misleading. The fact that they are repeated make them rhetoric and lies.

This is utter illogical nonsense. Trump also said in a debate "Proud Boys: stand back and stand by." The fact he said this was used 'over and over' against Trump, the act of repeatedly holding Trump accountable to that statement made it no less true that he said it.

Similarly you repeating the lie over and over again that he 'didn't say bloodbath' and he didnt say 'very fine people' no less make it true he literally said both of those things and Kamala's claims of what he said are the literal truth.

But of course why would MAGA need to spend so much time mewling over this answer Kamala gave at the debate - I thought Trump 'won' the debate? 🤔

As for the quotes about killing Trump. No there was no extra context. They were celebs talking about Trump and saying disgusting things about wanting to kill him.

Which celeb quotes? Let's go through them slowly and analyze your claim for certain there was "no extra context." For starters, there was extra context to the Kathy Griffin photo of Trump's severed head: so what you're saying here that there was "no extra context" is already a categorical lie. ❌

The Instagram/Twitter post was posted with extra context:

"I caption this 'there was blood coming out of his eyes, blood coming out of his ... wherever'"

This, in the extra context, is clearly in relation to Trump's prior rant spurning now-former Fox News host Megyn Kelly, in retaliation for questions she gave to him as a Fox News moderator during a Republican Primary debate in 2016 (one of the ones he bothered to attend anyway):

Kelly: "You've called women you don't like 'fat pigs,' 'dogs,' 'slobs,' and 'disgusting animals.' Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president?"

Trump: "What I say is what I say. And honestly, Megyn, if you don't like it, I'm sorry, I've been very nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be, based on the way you have treated me. But I wouldn't do that to you."

Funny isn't it, no matter what network, friendly or unfriendly to Trump, he always finds some way to be a perpetual victim when he does poorly in a debate. 😂

As for the bomb threats they were from oversees. [sic]

Dozens of bomb threats have been called in forcing the closure of over 25 facilities and events in Springfield, Ohio. Where is your evidence they all came from overseas? Officials have only offered that the 'vast majority' have, which leaves open that several of them are domestic bomb threats. Either way, the very fact they come from overseas in vast majority demonstrates that it was Trump amplifying these rumors that inspired such bomb threats, QED.

You are ignoring that Biden/Harris have gotten someone killed and had two assassination attempts on Trumps life. I know its boring to keep reading that sentence. But people here seem to want to pretend it didnt happen.

You can pretend that's happening all day long, but it never happened. That fact checks as entirely false. ❌

Trump got someone killed ❎ during an autocoup attempt Ashli Babbit was shot by security as she tried to reach and do harm to Nancy Pelosi in the upper floor of the Capitol Building, nevermind the other deaths of police officers from health complications or suicides that directly resulted from the autocoup attempt, ditto for Trump's supporters who also died from health complications due to the same event.

If you mean the shooter who got on a roof and killed a man shielding his family back in July, that also fact checks as false ❌ it has been firmly established by investigators that the shooter was ready and willing to shoot either Joe Biden or Donald Trump, whichever came first, and Trump happened to be rallying close to his location, so there he went. In fact, he would have also taken other high profile persons out if the opportunity arose it emerges, including government officials like Merrick Garland, or members of the British Royal family (unnamed in the reporting but probably Harry or Meghan I would assume).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/17/us/trump-shooting-crooks-motive.html

https://apnews.com/article/trump-assassination-attempt-shooting-federal-investigation-2a90bdfd23ba9c3569cb9c29a459e87b

For being so adamant in your posting style about 'misleading' about literal claims, eg. Trump saying there will be a bloodbath if he loses the election, and going off about proper context, you sure are highly selective about which context you feel is deserving: it is highly bad faith to allege that Biden/Harris are behind the assassination attempts when the actual context shows that to be a load of bollocks.

So anyway, doesn't seem like the election is going so well for Trump because rather than discussing issues like Women's rights, Immigration, the Economy etc. they'd rather everyone was bogged down with gaslighting about Trump's violent and extremist rhetoric, eating dogs and cats, Johnny Depp, recriminating Kathy Griffin, etc.

Where both candidates asked to answer the question?

Where both candidates fact checked?

Where both candidates argued with by the moderator?

Was either candidate fact checked even though the fact check was incorrect?

Trump was stupid to chase rabbits but it doesnt mean it was impartial.

Away from that opinion polls before hand said voters were unsure of Kamalas ability to manage the economy. Do you think after that debate, her policies are any clearer?

I cant see Trumpers rethinking their vote for him after the debate

I cant see Harris gaining any votes form the debate

In terms of who won, a winner would be someone who gains anything in the polls. She 100% performed better and stuck to her game.

Your comparison is apples and orange man.

He also literally said, "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides."

He also literally said, "Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath, for the whole — that’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That’ll be the least of it." 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Firstly I dont know and I dont care if non neo nazis turned up. It doesnt matter."

"Who cares if he had sex with a porn star".

Funny the way you don't care about things that are inconvenient truths....

So , using your logic Harris won as she is the one seeing gains in polling following the Debate , not Trump.

Which suggests she gained voters does it not?

She has also completely wiped out her "unfavourability" gap and now stands at evens , having been out at -15% before she became the nominee.

Trump remains at -10% and hasn't really moved one way or the other in months

All the post Debate Favourability polls show her at +7 or +8 as well.. so once those wash through she'll have a 15% plus favourability gap to Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I can see Harris gaining voters from the debate. Reflected in the polls now moving in her direction.

Polls take time to work through, the polls directly after the debate should not be trusted. I m sure over the next 7 days we will see a steady rise for Harris in the battleground states.

Anyway, tired of this. I'll be back later for another 70+ odd posts of, "He was NOT convicted of rape" or, 'He has NOT been sentenced yet" "There's no PROOF he's a racist. I've never seen him in a klan uniform, have you?" or, "His MUM thought he was a good person" etc, etc. vs, "Yes, but Harris has a funny laugh, you have to admit that"

• Advertisement

Trump was stupid to chase rabbits but it doesnt mean it was impartial.

Chasing rabbits like lying and claiming that foreigners were killing and eating pets.

Not the best choice of words there.

Also, the fact that he was so unstable as to not be able to stop himself from telling racist lies should indicate that he's not mentally capable of being president. No?

Advertisement