Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat advice - 1st Pet, young kids, rural with predator risk?

• 10-09-2024 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping for some advice on getting our first pet.

We have 3 young kids, 5,4 and 1. We live just outside a village, house is 150m off the road on an 2acre site and surrounded by fields. Commonly see pine martens, mature cats and the occasional fox (plenty of field mice too!) I’m not sure if the pine martens or the other mature cats are a bigger risk?

1 of us have allergies so was planning on getting 1 or 2 outdoor cats.

Based on the above would a pair of cats suit our situation? I don’t want to adopt and then for them to be injured or worse by the other wildlife. I’m guessing kittens wouldn’t stand a chance so is there a minimum age you would recommend? Any other advice? Based in midlands

Comments

Advertisement