Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

family plan

• 11-09-2024 8:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

we have 4 mobiles. mine is a company phone that will transition to my own bill shortly :( . wifes is vodafone bill and 2x vodafone 20 payg)

looking to ge teh 4 under one roof. is the an post offer 12.99 ( using vodafone network) a good option for the 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Vodafone do a family plan with 20e off the plans of the 3rd and 4th numbers in your case if you wanted to stay with Vodafone

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/bill-pay/plans/family-plans.html

Personally I wouldn't go for An Post as many people had ongoing issues with data speeds with AnPost for a long period of time. I'd probably recommend GoMo who run on the Eir network or the new Sky Sim Only deal which runs on the Vodafone network that launched yesterday, both of which include unlimited calls, texts and data for 15E. Pro of Sky would be you can ring them for support where as GoMo you need to Chat to them via the website or email but both are very solid options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Im with eir. Have broadband with them and paying 10e a month each on 3 phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

I have no Eir or sky so i must look into the sky simm only. 15 euro unlimited.. that not too bad.. there is a 48 deal too 12.99 on three network..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

There's no family plan option with 48 - you'll need separate accounts for each number which means your card gets charged multiple times.

Post edited by pizzahead77 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

GoMo allows 4 SIMs per account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

If with 48 and card gets charged 4 x times, what's the disadvantage? 4 payments Vs 1 payment, both totaling the same amount.

1 payment (if it was available) would be €51.96

4 payments of 12.99 would be €51.96

Just curious that all, maybe I'm missing something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Vodafone family plan is very expensive.

We had mixed experience on an post.

We had a Virgin media plan I think €5 X4 for 6 months but when that ended all moved to 48.

Only issue with 48 has been the roaming settings needed to be entered manually. Other than no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Your bank could flag suspicious transactions especially if all taken at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

spoke to vodafone. best they offered was for 2 adults 25 for first 6months then 35

aand for children 5 for 6 months then 15.

so after 6 months it would be 100 a month. for 4 simms. no deal there really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Esp as sky seems to give a lot more for a lot less. Gomo is the other recommendation, 60 a month with no increase.

• Advertisement
Advertisement