Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heel Pain Driving

• 11-09-2024 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭

I drive an Audi A6 2019 (auto) and I'm not sure whether it's the pedal positions or placement or what but I get awful heel pain/ache when I drive. I have a 1 hour commute to and from work so it's a right pain. My left ankle gets a bit of an ache too, probably from the ingress of the transmission tunnel I guess.

Anyone ever experienced this and how did you remedy (not looking to change the car for another year).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Go to a podiatrist/physiotherapist I would suggest.

When I was a kid, I used to have severe heel pain when sitting in a car, (I wasn't driving at that time), but a 'bone setter' guy told me the issue was dislocated big toe and whether he was right or not, whatever he did that evening, sorted it.

Not saying your toes are issue here, but I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to get checked out to make sure there's nothing wrong with your foot.

I presume you're fine when driving other cars which is why you're posting here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yep. Seems to be specific to the A6. Wife has a CRV and I have no problems there. The pedal angles and positions seem off to me in the A6 but maybe it's me that off 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hello2020

May be automatic vehicle will help to relieve left foot... sorry just noticed that U don't want to change the car ...in my case changing car seat position helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭65535

I too have an automatic - and had one prior to this car as well.

I found that wearing crocs did it for me but along with that using the adaptive cruise control also helps in that I don't have to use the pedals a lot now.

Yeah, crocs - some laugh at that but it works for me.

I also removed the left foot rest as it was keeping my knee up higher than it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭User1998

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's worth checking the position of the seat too. The angle/adjustment of the seat might be contributing to it also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I do 4 hours commute daily and seat position (height/foreward/backward/lumbar suppart if available) plays an important role when it comes to body aches and pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭Azatadine

The seats are S-Line so every adjustment known to man is available on them but nothing really helps for very long. I think it's probably a mismatch between me and the ergonomic design of the car really. The offset pedals and transmission tunnel ingress just don't agree with me.

Not the end of the world in terms of the big scheme of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I think the suggestion already made about wearing a light, flexible type of shoe is a good one. What kind of shoe do you normally wear on your daily commute?

Advertisement