Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seal around insert stove

• 12-09-2024 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

We have a Stanley Cara insert stove a few years and I suspect it's not as efficient as it once was.

I've noticed that there is a gap between the outer wall of the stove in places and particularly at the top.

When I shine a torch into the gap, I can see part of the metal flu adapter (no flue liner was needed / used).

I think it would possibly improve efficiency if I fill the gaps around the outer box.

Fire place is random stone granite and there seems to be vermiculite blocks at the sides of the outer box

Some loose vermiculite is around the flue in the cavity between the inner and outer box so there may be a gap allowing escape of hot air.

Any suggestions as to what I could use to fill the gaps ? Fire resistant expanding foam would be an easy option but I don't know if it's suitable.

Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement