Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SHRINFLATION

• 12-09-2024 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Is it time to have a seperate thread on shrinkflation apart price inflation.Apart from the supermarket price increases thread

With the actual gram or millilitre reduction and producer mentioned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Not made with hands

I love the way you shrunk "shrinkflation" down to "shrinflation" in the thread title.

Lead by example eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭beachhead

Fat finger.Good spot. I'll use shrinflation in future. How about sinkflation?

Marathon bars are being re-introduced to the UK soon but only for a short period.Any guess on how small they will be.Offers at 35g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

I can see the ad: "It's back! The Marathon bars we all love, but with less calories!"

Yessss! Because a lot less grammes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I thought Marathon became Snickers, so they've never really 'gone away'?

Also, it would be "with fewer calories!" Yes, I'm fun at parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Probably a form of it, buying a tube of toothpaste packed in a cardboard box, on opening said box finding a puny tube about a quarter shorter than the box.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Another anti-shrinners thread 😜

Correct Addmagnet

Marathon got into Sketchers.Sorry snickers.

The 330 ml can to 320 ml.The 500ml can to 440ml Any supplier fizzy or alcohol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭con747

Aldi's 4 pack of wheaten muffins (for fakeaway McMuffins) vanished for over a year here and returned as a 6 pack but 10g per muffin lighter. The UK still has the original 4 pack that was sold here and they are 66g per muffin whereas here they are now 56g per muffin.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Treasure island shrinkflation for Aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

The whole video is worth a watch but the relevant part for this discussion is on quality.

"British rail has not doubled the price of the cup of tea, we have however halved the size of the cup".

Advertisement