Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shows You Wish Were Replayed/Available To Stream

• 13-09-2024 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭

What’s a show you really liked that you have never been able to see since it aired? I think shows like this are usually one season shows or even shows that didn’t make it through one season so they were used as schedule fillers at the time but are consigned to the dustbin of history now, never to air again.

My pick is The Highwayman from tge 87-88 US season but I think RTE showed it here around 89 or 90 over the summer in a slot around 10:30/11PM. It’s a sci-fi show about lawmen patrolling highways and stopping bad guys with futuristic tech. The main character drove round in a truck with an integrated helicopter that got him out of trouble at varied times. Pushing for 50 now I can see why this just lasted 10 episodes before cancellation but 15 year old me loved it. Your average 15 year old isn’t the best arbiter of taste obviously but it was a show of its time

There is a good supporting cast too. Jimmy Smitts, Claudia Christian of Babylon 5 face and Jabe Bader from V.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Northern Exposure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Charlo30

Full episodes of Columbo. Can't seem to find them anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Alf.

End of thread.

edited to say apparently it's on MUbi.

So not end of thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

is The Wire streamable anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Scrap Iron O Toole.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Stargate SG1

All the old cartoons - MASK, Ulysses 31, Visionaries, Thundercats….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This is why I maintain my own library of stuff, especially some of the older stuff mentioned here already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

NYPD Blue.

JAG A good few episodes. A die hard fan actually wrote his own script just as a labour of love which he entitled " Pyhric Victory" and published on the Internet 25 years ago. Very downbeat episode probably too downbeat to actually do!

The X Files

KOJAK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The X Files are on Disney+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭waywill1966

If you have satellite tv you can watch Columbo eps on 5SELECT!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'd love if Ed from the early 2000s was available to stream. It never got a DVD release either so I don't think it'll be streaming any time soon.

I wish The Drew Carey Show and The King of Queens were available somewhere too.

I'd love if ER was on one of the big streamers. I know it's on 4OD to stream but you have to put up with ads. First world problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you can pay for 4OD to get rid of ads. Alternatively if you have SkyQ, all the 4OD content is on there and In my experience there's generally only 1 ad per break (which you can FF through anyway).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Due South and Early Edition…haven't checked if they're around.

Early Edition doesn't seem to be, I looked recently. Someone on Reddit said it's available on CTV in Canada but you'd need a VPN and I think that comment on Reddit wasn't recent either.

Post edited by Nigel Fairservice on

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Perfect World starring Paul Kaye - was on BBC in the early 2000s but unfortunately was never released on video / DVD so I think nearly impossible to find anywhere now. I'd love to see it again.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238796/

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Notmything

From RTE "year of the french"

Space: Above and Beyond. Only lasted one season tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

Cities of Gold is up there with MASK and and Ulysses as the ultimate 80's cartoon soundtracks! Anyone know if Once upon a time of Life is available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have the first 2 seasons of Cities of Gold on DVD (first) and Blu-ray (second) and managed to find the 3rd online. Think the fourth was only released in French and hard to find.

With the popularity and constant reboots/continuations and movies I'm surprised the old Transformers gen 1 series isn't available.

Quantum Leap and The Equalizer should be made available. Think the problem is probably no one wants to do the work of figuring out any rights issues and making then look good on modern TVs.

Others I would like to be available due to having missed them or seeing a couple episodes include My So-Called Life, Sledge Hammer and Son of the Beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Most if not all of those can be found if you know where to look though. Certainly Transformers G1 (which is also on the Hasbro Pulse Youtube channel btw), The Equalizer, Sledge Hammer and Quantum Leap.

If the distributors/streaming services don't want to make the effort then at least others will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭65535

You'll get some of them on https://archive.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh, I have them all. But since the best quality available for some is dvdrip, I wouldn't say no to them getting a fresh release.

Even have this nice tin

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/6/64/Metrodome_G1Season1_DVD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20071222065802

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Happy Days (rights issues I think) The Fitz (not so good but guilty pleasure 1 season comedy)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭AhrSkidar

Nathan Barley and The Adventures of Pete & Pete. Maybe they are out there somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Stay Lucky, can't see why ITV are not showing it over their channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

crazy like a fox.
    highway to heaven.
    The Irish rm.
    The king of queens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Charlo30

In terms on The Irish RM. Keep an eye on TG4's schedule. They've shown it from time to time over last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Quantum Leap was being shown on one of the UK freeview stations not so long ago but not sure which or if it's still running there. They are on DVD / Blu Ray anyway.

Would love if Early Edition was even given a proper DVD release (I believe the first couple of season got a US release). I was fortunate enough a few years ago to find someone selling the complete series through a site similar to eBay although these were recorded off the TV so the picture wasn't perfect (but adequate). Unfortunately one disc had the episodes from the previous one duplicated so I have 3 episodes twice and 3 missing. By the time I realised i had lost the seller's details and couldn't do anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭squonk

I’d love to see Now And Again replayed. A great show from arid the 99-2000 era that only got one season but deserved to live on.

Updating as it seems someone has uploaded all the episodes to YouTube. Worth a watch. I loved the show at the time as it was a solid SciFi show but handled the human side of everything very well though that’s a bit nite commonplace now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

episode one of season one is on you tube. The Irish rm was brilliant I thought. Very funny.
    the books are great aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Quantum Leap (1989) was on Sky Sci-Fi (which isn’t FTA) up till recently but appears to be gone now. (The reboot is on Paramount+).

For me it’s Arrow, whose early seasons haven’t been able to be streamed here since they aired on Sky about a decade ago. The last two seasons were available on Sky/Now but even those are gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Season 1 of Dream Team. All of the other are available, plus I have DVDs of them, but the Season 1 episodes that are available are only the recap omnibus ones that used to be on Sky on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I'm nearly sure all of NYPD Blue is steaming on Disney right now 👍

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The X Files is on Disney+. I don’t think JAG is on anything at the moment though its sister series NCIS is on Disney+ too.

I would be surprised to see Dream Team anywhere again, even on Sky/Now. Some things are just better left in the past!

Great TV or Great TV movies air or aired Crazy like a Fox and Highway to Heaven with Sky

TG4 show The Irish RM

Comedy Central and E4 or More 4 aired The King of Queens

I would love Eli Stone to be aired again also as a soap fan, Glenroe, Fair City and Sunset Beach, right from the beginning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

I'd love if one of the streaming sites showed Saturday Night Live from the beginning right up to current episodes. You can get the odd clip off YouTube, but a full episode is hard to come by. One channel has been showing the up the date episodes after they're aired in US, but if they to go back to where it all began with all the up and coming Comedians through the years, particularly with those that are no longer with us, to watch them back in their heyday.

I wonder with the upcoming release of the movie Saturday Night, which is based around Lorne Michaels fight to get it off the ground may spark something in getting it showed properly.

Post edited by gidget on

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Hallaz

Dream On , American show from the early 90s, can't remember if it was on Channel 4 or BBC 2 but was on late enough , adult sit-com. It had cut scenes from old movies/tv shows during the show which was quite quirky for me at the time. Must go searching..!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heard Rocky Carroll on the NCIS podcast. Didn't realise he was on Chicago Hope. Maybe it's around somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Mackenzie's Raiders

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭twignme

Harry’s Game and the original Tinker Tailor with Alec Guinness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

tt was aired on bbc4 not that long ago, probably on iPlayer at the same time. easy enough found anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

The phenomenal and genuinely groundbreaking Utopia. Cancelled after two seasons by Channel 4. It’s no longer on any of the streaming services that I can see.

There was a disastrous US remake, and it definitely pushed the boat out in terms of violence, but I’ surprised it isn’t on All4

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Would love to see RTE repeat Fergus's Wedding from about 20 years ago just see if it's as off the wall as I remember it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 nearby_cheetah

Would love a complete set of Modern Marvels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I would love to see repeats of full episodes of Channel 4's The Tube, as opposed to snippets of it on Guy Garvey's From the Vaults on Sky Arts.

Others: 24, Hill Street Blues, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, The Goodies and The Dave Gorman Collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭fman

Hill street blues is on the channel 4 app (although the order is screwy, series 5-7 are listed first followed by series 1 and so on).

24 is still up on Disney.

• Advertisement
Advertisement