Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick query re paying for tickets via Ticketmaster Ticket transfer

• 13-09-2024 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Apols if has been asked before but the TM site is not very clear on the procedure for buying tickets via Ticket Transfer.

Upshot is have been offered a ticket for a sold out gig later this year at slightly above the original price.

Seller is saying they will transfer me the ticket via TM Ticket Transfer once I have paid via PayPal.

While sounds a bit dodgy to me, seems to be quite common way of buying tickets on Toutless.

Should I pass up the offer or insist on paying via card so my purchase is protected?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭Fanirish

TM does not want you to buy tickets through ticket transfer function. Its buyer beware and TM will do nothing if you are scammed by such a seller.

you could pay though PayPal but do not use the friends/family option on PayPal as you have no refund option if it’s a scam.
    if the seller is asking you to pay through PayPal friends/family option then it’s guaranteed to be a scammer.
    Where and how did you come across the individual selling the ticket? Was it through social media? Do you personally know them?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭hkjohn

Thanks for the advice, F

Heard about them through social media - Artist-specific site with around 33K members worldwide so seemed to be quite reputable. Alarm bells began ringing when they specified the friends family option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

The whole point of Toutless is that you don’t pay more than face value but that’s another discussion.

You should be able to see how long they’ve been on Toutless and what their history is like. If they have a decent track record, I wouldn’t worry.

I use it a fair bit and generally use Revolut. I don’t know if that’s any safer than PayPal but I’ve heard so many scams involving PP…

As noted above, TM have no role here

Edit: I see now that you didn't find the ticket on toutless but an unspecified artist-related site. Approach with caution.

Post edited by Former Former Former on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've sold heaps of tickets through adverts and toutless, if someone wants to pay via paypal I'll always insist on friends/family - not always a red flag.

Where and how did you come across the individual selling the ticket? Was it through social media? Do you personally know them?

This is more important

The fee difference on non friends/family is minuscule so anyone asking for friends/family is an obvious scammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

In the op's situation, yes i would agree it's a scammer, but to say that anyone requesting that payment option must be dodgy is blatantly wrong. I have often asked for payment through friends & family to save on fees (which, on festival tickets, are not minuscule btw).

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

No. the seller has the same concerns about being scammed.

What’s to stop the buyer taking the ticket then making a claim via PayPal that they got no delivery and the ticket was fake etc.

that’s easily provable and it’s far more likely that someone who don’t know who is a scammer if offering non existent ticket than a person who buys a ticket off you is a scammer who paid you money and then reversed chargebacks the transaction which you can easily prove you did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

as someone who has never scammed someone I have no idea how easy or hard it is to prove what’s what. All I know is PayPal sides a lot with the buyer. So as a seller I will look to protect myself via friends and family safe in the knowledge that I know the buyer is getting the ticket (as I am not a scammer).

it’s situations like this where adverts and feedback etc comes into its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Always an element of risk buying tickets and the risk usually lands on the buyer, I have never had any issue from toutless(Many have, loads of scammers) but you take your chances.

On a side note, It's a pity there isn't a feedback option on toutless like adverts so you have some idea what/who you are dealing with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Totally agree, I have done a few deals on toutless but unfortunately no one knows who I am(be it good or bad track record) when it comes to a transaction, would be great if it was added.

I have asked about it before and was shot down.

Advertisement