Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show | PK. ~~ New thread as you have to goto Page 206 of the older thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Surprised Snoop Dogg isn't on tonight's show, he had more exposure than the actual competitors. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Finbarr Damon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

why is he calling Blonnige “Teresa”?

(looks out of window)

Hmmm…not seeing any Aurora Borry-allis yet. 😑

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Proper golfing clobber 😂

young one has as much interest in Kielty as Paul o’Donovan has…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He'll make sh1te of that camera

€13 billion the country has it's hands on.

Wouldn't that build a few cancer services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Who Ate The Cat

I never remember a year with such an amount of Northern Lights at our latitude and our side of the globe.

It would but given past performance they'd struggle to build one children's hospital🙈

Rory and PK clicked well. There is a difference, I find, in Northern Ireland humour. Going back to NI lads I knew in college 30 years ago.

• Advertisement

”when you play Ireland,you play all of us”….they left out the end bit “and you’ll still beat us”

Cool Philter 82 now.

it’s just struck me that Paddy wears exactly the same clothes every Friday night

Didn't know Brian Cox and Sir Ian McKellen were going to be on.

Coulter in his Bertie Ahern suit

• Advertisement

Ceola excellent name for a musician's daughter.

John is failing a bit, voice a bit frailer. In early 80s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭patob

Last Dub standing, fair play John.

Haven't been to Dublin for a while, does the Luke Kelly statue depict him with no pants?

I'd say the Dubliners had some pints during their hayday.

All about tik tok, skinny lates and veganism nowadays.

Some story from John 😂

The lad even stole one of Luke's shirts!!

Worst Brian Blessed lookalike contest ever.

these guys look like they could have spent some time in a UK jail in the 70s

Dubliners with mullets😅

Haha, I actually had pints with the Gallagher lad doing the Luke Kelly bit in Skib about 15 years ago. Random memory.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Feel this strange urge to go and buy some briquettes now.

• Advertisement

Fair play to them, keeping the old tunes alive in style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Gay Byrne would fit 2 PK Late Lates in 1 show.

I remember Rob and Kirk from Metallica performing The Wild Rover at Slane, could have just been a weird fever dream I had.

it’s over??I was actually starting to enjoy it there😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Poor enough season opening show.

Glad people found the thread.

Can I turn back on notifications?

The old thread moved over to page 207.

When they fix the threads bug, this thread can be merged to main thread.

Enjoyed that Dubliners medley. 🙂

And now Bruce is going all Pete Seeger on us on BBC Four. 😌

Till next week folks, Nos da!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a great first show back. He nailed it. I enjoyed it all bar maybe the rap.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

It was a very poor show for an opener ….. for those not big into the Olympics and golf there was very little ….. plus that opening segment was pure infantile ….. made Tubridy look serious!!! ….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Just got around to watching it. I was very enthusiastic after his first episode last year but he doesn’t really seem to be progressing. There’s a Tubridy-like awkwardness to the interviews and I feel very on edge watching him trying so hard.

I feel exactly the same …. the first few episodes last year were quite good ….. then it slipped back into Tubridy-like stupidity …. the opening 5 minutes or so last night was infantile …. I think this show needs a serious …. that being the operative word!! …. makeover …. I think we have had more than enough airhead infantility at this stage …. so much so that we (almost) miss Pat Kenny !!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Snow Patrol are on this Friday, I believe that segment is being pre-recorded that afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/artsandculture/arid-41479225.html

• Four-time Oscar nominee Saoirse Ronan will speak to Patrick Kielty on Friday night about her new film The Outrun, which is based on the best-selling memoir of the same name by Amy Liptrot.
    • Bundee Aki became an Irish citizen this week and the New Zealand-born Irish rugby player will speak of the honour it has been for him to become a proud Irish citizen.
    • Dating Naked UK is Rylan Clarke’s new Paramount+ series and he will be in the studio to bear all.
    • Finally, Snow Patrol members Gary, Nathan and Johnny will speak about their long awaited first album since 2018, The Forest is the Path, before performing a new song from the album and a megahit.

Posting on this thread again, as the old one is broken! Thought it would have been resolved by now.

It is Thursday, so the site might get updates applied tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

I won’t be watching, but it’s a good lineup. Probably Ireland’s second most-prominent actor, one of Ireland’s biggest bands, a rugby international whose recent Irish citizenship will hopefully provide the opportunity for a discussion of identity, and a charismatic UK entertainer. I’ve said before that, love it or loathe it, this is the quality of lineup that the Late Late Show can realistically aspire to.

Just saw the lineup for tomorrow ….. woeful …. this show is getting worse and worse …. who cares about some smutty dating show from the UK ….. why oh why do we have to put up with this drivel ?? …. who wants this lightweight uninterestingd drivel ?? …. and I though Tubridy was bad !!!! …..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭riddles

is there any market for a show like this anymore?

I was thinking about this the other day.

The fact is, we now live in an age where all films and tv programmes are available all the time, everywhere - the LLS is simply not central to the culture anymore like it used to be.

When was the last time you heard a conversation in the office along the lines of ‘Oh my God, did you see so-and-so on the Late Late on Friday’?

Using boards.ie to illustrate my point - say, ten/fifteen years ago, a single non-Toy Show episode would generate about 25 pages in this forum - nowadays, there are barely enough posts to fill three or four pages.

The LLS now exists as simply a show that is on RTE One on a Friday night, it doesn’t create any talking points anymore…except on this thread. 😁

Toy Show threads used to be absolutely breathless, every time you'd refresh there would be at least ten new replies, impossible to keep up with, now it has as much posts as average 2015 LLS thread, with sometimes minutes without replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement