Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSE contract issue

• 14-09-2024 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone has any insight/advice on this.

I’m currently a grade IV in HSE. Due to the recent recruitment freeze and the current lack of hiring, we’ve been told that certain days a week we’ve to go to a different site and cover Grade III roles. Can they do this? My contract states my role and also says I may be required to do “other work associated with your grade, including deputising”. I’m flat out in my current role, which is incredibly stressful, we are already 1 person down in the office and have told them I do not have the time to do another role on top of mine, but I’ve been told we have to do it. I’m not a member of a union, so any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Join a union.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭AnRothar

I’m currently a grade IV

and

certain days a week we’ve to go to a different site and cover Grade III roles.

Both points are linked.

Its standard "civil service/HSE/County Council" operation.

You can always do the job of a lower grade (T & C's apply).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

easier said than done, but try step back from current workloads, clock in, do your best, dont kill yourself, if you re required to go to other departments, and you cannot refuse, do so, but again, dont kill yourself, and then when its time to clock out, do so, go home, and enjoy your out of work life, under no circumstances interact with work outside of work….

let management deal with the fallout….

…the above is easier said than done though, but…..

best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭JesseJane

I'm a grade 3, I was about to move to a Grade 4 before the embargo. Its awful that they aren't filling positions, it's just crazy! Before the embargo I was sent all over covering grade 4 roles, i had no choice. However when I was expected to do the work of grade 5 I made it clear I wasn't happy doing so even taking my flexi day or annual leave when I knew I'd be called up. I mentioned the union too and eventually a replacement was found for that role. I think a lot of HSE staff will be jumping ship if this situation carries on it's very unfair. A friend of mine had a breakdown in his position and begged to be moved as some of the 'lifers' as I call them, those who have worked for the HSE all their lived treat him like crap, he is being told nobody is allowed to move! He has decided his mental health is more important and handed in his notice. It's a total and utter mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TokTik

I agree. I’m at the end of my tether with my job and it’s driving me to a dark place. I really need to get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭JesseJane

It's really hard going into a job every day that your not happy in. I'd absolutely be looking for a new job if I were you. Life is short and your health is more important than any job.

Advertisement