Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School boy football levels… please explain

• 14-09-2024 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

can anyone explain to me the levels when it comes to schoolboy football in dublin. I know national league u/15 is elite level … but can anyone clarify the DDSL Sat vs Sunday leagues and like wise the DDSL Vs NDSL??? Is DDSL Prem Sun higher thss as n NDSL Prem sunday … any help would be appreciated.
    my son is looking to progress from NDSL Prem Sunday

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

In Dublin schoolboy football, leagues can be quite complex due to the various divisions and the difference between leagues like the DDSL (Dublin & District Schoolboy League) and the NDSL (North Dublin Schoolboy League). Here's a breakdown:

DDSL vs. NDSL

• DDSL (Dublin & District Schoolboy League): Considered one of the strongest and most competitive leagues in Dublin and across Ireland. It covers a wide area of Dublin and has a large number of teams, especially at elite levels.
    • NDSL (North Dublin Schoolboy League): Also competitive but tends to cover clubs more specifically in the north of Dublin. Generally, the DDSL is seen as more prestigious, particularly at the elite levels.

Saturday vs. Sunday Leagues

• DDSL Saturday League: Tends to be seen as less competitive compared to the Sunday leagues. This is often for clubs that don’t have teams in the top tiers or for those looking to give younger or developing players more game time.
    • DDSL Sunday League: This is the more prestigious of the two and usually features the stronger teams. The Sunday Premier divisions (like DDSL Premier Sunday) are considered to be at the highest level.

DDSL Premier Sunday vs. NDSL Premier Sunday

• DDSL Premier Sunday: Often regarded as one of the highest levels of schoolboy football in Dublin. It's very competitive, with top clubs and many players progressing to academies or even national setups.
    • NDSL Premier Sunday: Also competitive but is often seen as a step below the DDSL in terms of overall talent and exposure. However, players in the NDSL Premier can still have good opportunities to progress.

Progression from NDSL Premier

If your son is currently in NDSL Premier Sunday and looking to progress, moving to DDSL Premier Sunday would likely offer him more exposure and a higher level of competition. The DDSL Sunday leagues are often scouted more heavily by national teams and bigger academies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnny1x

i think up to u15 age saturday ddsl would be considered stronger than sunday ddsl football. Teams swap over to Sunday football at u16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

DDSL Saturday league up to u13 is where all the big teams have their best teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

I’m aware that DDSL Sat is a better league that Sunday (u15 and under) but for a lad looking to progress from NDSL Sun Prem … where does DDSL Prem Sun rank compared to DDSL Sat major : major 1 etc etc..

thanks

Comparing leagues is very difficult and it really depends on a lot of factors. I was just disagreeing with the ChatGPT response further up.

What age is your son and what area are you in? Going to one of the big clubs is always attractive but for a lot of players it’s not beneficial. Playing most of the time for a less known club is better than signing for one of the more prestigious clubs and being on the sideline more often than not. I would always prioritise the social side of football, let him play local if the level is anyway suitable. Most clubs generally have a few different levels of teams. See if they'll let you try out for their highest level, the coaches will be able to let you if your son if able for it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

thanks

He’s u/15 and a keeper of very good standard

D15 area

Kevin's and Shels probably the two big clubs near you. Verona and Mochtas more local but play Major 1 which is the third league. https://ddsl.ie/competitions/

Advertisement