Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2024 - Round 18 - Singapore - Marina Bay

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The points difference between verstappen and norris is a follows from start of season.

Verstappen Ahead by

You could say he has taken nothing out of.max since race 5 as the difference was 52 points back then too but that is to completely ignore that max got the lead up to 84 at one point.

MMore Importantly, norris has turned around a trend of max.gaining heavily to.now having the opposite situation with a claw back of 32 points over the last 6 races.

Should be very close at end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I still think Max will hold on and win it by the skin of his teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Possibly the FIA are going to investigate VCARB and RB for collusion with Ricciardos fastest lap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Not sure whats to investigate, teams do it all the time. If not to help the sister team, then just to stick it to the other team or a particular driver they dont like. They will just say it was a send off for Ricciardo, fastest lap and driver of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lol Troll.

Can a person not enjoy a nice clean race? A race should not need a safety car or rain to make it exciting and yes I enjoyed yesterday's race. Maybe I might not have enjoyed it if it was live but Channel 4 do a great job and made it exciting. My sister did not enjoy it do. We are all different.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Might cause a bigger discussion as why would a bonus point not be awarded? Ric did not get it as not in top 10, Norris in Top 10 does not get it as not fastest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's the same as if any other driver got it. Don't see why it's needing an investigation.

Maybe, but its always been that way. Perez done it to help Max before, think Alonso does it just to annoy people even if it doesnt help him or his own team mate. If you cant score any points yourself then you might as well take points off the other drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

No investigation but a discussion about this point in general. It was no awarded to the people past the top 10 because else they might all pit and go for fastest lap. Yesterday someone snatched it, without in the slightest chance to win a point for the glory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd assume it's whether RB told Vcarb to pit Ricciardo for fastest or if VCARB made the decision themselves

• Advertisement

If there was any such order given, I cant imagine them being stupid enough to do it over any monitored channels that can be proven.

Im sure there would have been videos by now if anyone from RedBull took a stroll down to the RB pit wall in the last 5 laps.

I think this might have been Ricciardo himself making the call. Stick it to his old team mate, to help his even older team mate. They are all mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭quokula

Are people really subscribing to these conspiracy theories now? It was patently obvious it was a choice for Daniel to finish his career on a little high. I suppose Red Bull somehow fixed the driver of the day vote too given that Ricciardo also claimed that for no good reason?

RB are run independently. There has been ample opportunity for them to this sort of thing over the years and they never ever have stepped out of line in any way, until they had their own reason to for Daniel's goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I agree. If they decided to get Yuki to do it it would have been a completely different issue. But this was obviously just a last hurrah for Ricciardo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not according to Kym, he said it was an instruction from Horner (1min 17s into his latest video). Whether it came from Horner or not I don't care - points off Lando and McLaren is fine by me. Anyone whinging about that being unfair isn't long watching F1. 😁

It didn't stop Brown and Horner sharing a plane trip anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I like Kym Ilman's videos, but he has made a number of absolute statements in the past that have proven to not be true, so pinch of salt needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Daniel, you're getting sacked and as a parting gift you will finish last and get the fastest lap to help the mother team. Surprised Daniel didn't tell them do one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Daniel, you’re finishing last but as a parting gift would you like to get one up over the McLaren team that treated you just as badly as we are.

Advertisement