Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing domain host questions

• 16-09-2024 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭

Hi,

**EDIT: I should have searched a little more online before asking here, found the answer….

To transfer your domain name to a new registrar, you will need an authorisation code (Authcode). The Authcode is a unique randomly generated code, assigned to your domain name, which is used to securely authorise your transfer. Once you have your Authcode please give it to your new registrar who will complete the transfer for you

I have a .ie domain hosted by an Irish hosting company. I only use them to manage the domain, I do not use any of their web hosting or email services.

I would like to move away from this hosting company. Does anyone know what the process is to move a domain registration? My name is associated to the domain but the hosting company register it. How do I get the new hosting company to take it over? I know I can transfer my DNS settings but it is the actual domain registration part I am confused about. How does the new hosting company renew the domain when I cancel with the existing hosting company?

Thanks

Advertisement