Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flooring New Build

• 17-09-2024 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm moving into a new build, with no floors. I need to move in without the floors down, what could I put down over the concrete floor downstairs in the interim. Hardwood? Rubber mats? Any suppliers?

Also we are considering tiling the hallway, living room and utility room. That's around 60m2. What's the going rate for a tiler in Dublin? Any recommended fitters / suppliers? The narrowest width in the hallway is 1050mm then it opens into kitchen living. I was looking at 1200*1200 tiles but have been advised to do 1200*600. Would this not lead to a grout line down the middle of the hall? Basically wanted it to be as minimal as possible.

We are also doing engineered wood in living room (20m2) if you know rates of laying these or suggested suppliers let me know. I considered doing the entire downstairs in engineered would but was put off by water damage in the kitchen.

Note there is underground heating on the ground floor.

Upstairs we are doing carpet.

Advertisement