Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WECO 5.3 LV batteries

• 17-09-2024 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭

Guys, just looking for a bit of advice. Our solar was installed in June this year, 16 panels, Solis inverter and 2 x 5.3LV Weco batteries, all is good and very impressed with the install and after service.

Now I'm looking at doing install in another property and using a DIY Seplos battery, which I have now purchased and as part of the buying process I installed a Seplos APP on my phone so I could check battery cells health etc.

This got me thinking about the house set up with the Weco batteries so I installed the APP for Weco and climbed into the roof and connected to the batteries one at a time.

Two things, one battery shows 110 cycles which pretty much ties up with the instal date but the other shows 118 cycles, how could this be as I saw both batteries coming out of sealed boxes?

Second thing is both batteries are saying new FW available, so I mailed Weco and they firstly said yes both batteries shoud be upgraded, when I then questioned whether it was something I could do and if I did do it what were the warranty implications if something went wrong, they came back with "if the batteries were installed correctly they would be fine"..not sure if they meant fine as in fine for me to do the upgrade or fine as in fine to be left well alone.

So question should/could I do it or to ensure no warranty issues should the installation company come out (at their cost) to carry out the upgrade?

Thanks

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭_BAA_RAM_EWE

Ask weco if their has been any issues with the upgrades, or do a search. Updates nowadays are no joke. They routinely break/ruin stuff. what does the update do?

Ask if the updates can be rolled back if their is an issue and how is it done and have that firmware ready.

Installation company can probably do it over the air from their end. Let them do it.

Lenovo for eg have just rolled out a laptop BIOS update to fix a problem they created 2 years ago.

Advertisement