Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Had my new bike taken off me for no insurance when I had insurance...

• 17-09-2024 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2

Hi all

I was taking out an insurance policy for my new bike last week and after my payment went through the site said I will receive an email shortly with all my documents. The next morning I still didn't have any email but I assumed I'm good since my payment went through so I went out on a ride. After about half an hour of riding I stopped to get a coffee and guards came up to me saying they scanned my plate and its showing up as I don't have insurance. They took my bike and they told me that once I have insurance I will be able to go to a garda station and get a release form to get my bike back. However they also told me that I will be receiving a court summons letter in the next few months and I will have to appear in court for not having insurance at the time of the stop. A few hours later I received an email from the insurance company with all my documents which stated that my insurance started on the previous day BEFORE the guards took my bike. I went straight to a garda station with this email and asked for a release form. The guy there filled out the form and told me I can collect my bike now. I asked him if I will have to go to court for this as the guards that took my bike told me I will. He said no because he's updated the system now or something like that so I'm all good. However I am still worried about getting a court letter. I have never been to court in my life and this kind of things scares me so wanted to see what you guys think?

Comments

Advertisement