Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV licence query

• 18-09-2024 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has a TV that he only uses for gaming and watching DVD's. He does not have an account with Virgin Media etc that gives him TV channels including RTE.

His TV is over 8 years old so it can't get the Saorview App and Saorview set top boxes are no longer sold. He also does not have a broadband connection so he can't access the RTE Player.

My query is this: Should my friend have to pay a TV licence when he has no way of accessing RTE?

I don't think he should as his TV over 8 years old and he can't get a Saorview set top box.

Comments

Advertisement