Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supergrass UK Tour

• 18-09-2024 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Would love to go to Supergrass in the UK but didn't get a presale code. They're doing their full album I should Co Co. Seems Liam Gallagher set a trend by doing Oasis's first album or is this a thing now?

I'm hoping Supergrass will come to Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Whole album shows have been a thing for a while. I think the first one I saw was Brian Wilson doing Pet Sounds in 2002.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Presale links for all shows should be here, don't think you will need a code:

https://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/supergrass?pre=artist

No code needed, I booked Nottingham, love Rock City great venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭Fanirish

yeah. All tomorrow parties with their don’t look series in London and elsewhere really popularised it as a concept.
    Bands have become less precious about doing the classic album tour.

Of course. Don't Look Back. I still have the t-shirt from Belle and Sebastian's If You're Feeling Sinister at the Barbican in 2005.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Yeah, remember seeing Spiritualized playing Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space in the Barbican and then getting the train up to Birmingham to see The Wonderstuff play through a full album a few days later. Think that was 2009. Saw Teenage Fanclub in Birmingham play their 6 Creation albums over 3 nights in 2018. Great nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭T.V Eye

It's a fairly common thing now.

I've probably seen more Wedding Present play x album in full shows than regular sets.

Best one recently was The Remote Part in full. I had less to listen to back when it came out, so 'ya know and have a fondness for the filler tracks too. Tell me Ten Words is hardly top tier Idlewild but I know every word.

I feel Supergrass will play Trinity or one of the parks next year. The Olympia gigs sold out and they fit the type of band that usually play.

Wonder if they'll do the same for It for the Money when it comes around. I'm sure there's a pedal that let's you play in reverse for the last track. Honestly that's a 10/10 record for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭fluke

Funnily enough I listened to In It For The Money last night. Quality album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah was at that aswell and rememeber thinking it was a novel idea but I wouldve preferred if he just played the songs but not in order. Dont like the full album thing.

Anyway Supergrass have announced Australin dates but no Irish dates. Last UK date 31st May. Australia 7th June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭exilec

They are back in Barcelona for a festival July 3rd to 5th . So i wont give up hope for a Dublin gig just yet !

link »https://www.vidafestival.com/en/lineup-2025/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If Trinity gigs are the same week as last year, they'll be Fri 27th June to July 3rd/4th

Just saying... 😋

Just noticed this on their website 👏

Speaking further on the shows, Mick Quinn, from the band, said: "15th May 2025 marks 30 years since I Should Coco. Supergrass are thrilled to announce their return to perform the début album live, in its entirety, for the first time. Dynamic pricing not included."

I love Supergrass being a bullshit free zone. If they didnt take the piss as much they could've been much bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Didnt they announce another Irish Gig after the return gigs but Covid killed it.

Trinity or Fairview seems like a cert. Surely plenty of Greatest hits played too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

saw Evan Dando and then The Lemonheads doing album shows a good number of years ago… just checked and they are doing the same now on tour.

Its a money maker I suppose, an excuse to tour and play the old stuff that people want to hear and are more likley to pay money to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It was a brilliant show, two halves, Album show then greatest hits and a few rare cuts… Yep, also a lot of bands with an extensive back catalog can sometimes make the mistake of going too ‘new album’ heavy with their set list. Which is ok, if it’s a very very good album, but if it’s not, then 5/6 songs from it and the rest..the good stuff…. Not everyone has that judgement…

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just announced for the Olympia on May 29th

And Belfast on the 27th

3, MCD and artist presales all listed for 9am Weds. General sale Fri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

just checked and when they played here last (which I was at) they played 9 out of the 13 songs on ISC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭unichick

Absolutely delighted! I'm going this time! Had tickets for that one but didn't end going in the end. Accommodation booked woohoo!

Stupid question: how do I access the presale for the Dublin gig? Also any female fans going and want to meet up? I'm travelling on my own as it's a school night and husband has no real interest in gigs.

Just checked UK prices, £50 London, £40 Liverpool. So hopefully we'll not be much over €50

Unichick, this link will work, Weds 9am...

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/supergrass-dublin-29-05-2025/event/18006134A125926B?did=prompre

If you want seats it's probably worth checking this link too, might have better seats (but might need a code)

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/supergrass-dublin-29-05-2025/event/18006134A125926B?did=artpre

Thanks a mill Electric! Fingers crossed we all get them! I have PTSD after Oasis with Ticketshafters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Tickets priced from €46.50 including booking fee & €1.50 restoration levy 

I imagine we might get a 2nd olympia night

They're playing a festival in Cornwall on the Saturday, so Friday is probably unlikely

The gap between Belfast and Dublin seems a little unnecessary though... 😉

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Goolay

Sorry I have no idea how the presale works either - do you need a code for the Artist or MCD presale or just go to ticketmaster at 9am on Weds? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭T.V Eye

Subscribe to MCDs mailing list.

The pre sale is just a generic link anyway. It's not unique. The one posted above is the format they always use so you can access the presale with that tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

TM being an absolute shite once again. My account activity is suspicious and they won't let me in. Twats.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

I've managed to secure a ticket at the same time as I was trying get to work & battling payment issues with the wrong card showing up. Can't wait for the gig.

Sorry to hear Dreamweapon. Do you have access to any other account? Hate Ticketshafters but for once I had luck this morning. Don't think the demand was quite as big as for Oasis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

MCD presale wasn't showing up tickets, but got 2 standing in the artist presale.

Our son took ill the day of the last Olympia gig (2019?) and we couldn't go, so delighted to get another chance. Should be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

€104 all in for two decent seats, can’t complain about that.

Standing sorted, took 2 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

TM Link I got for precode was Sh**e and just got blue circle then used link above and straight in and got 2 standing

Call the Fuzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭fourmations

Feck, MCD and Three both gone already, got caught on something in work and only got a chance now, hoores!

i assume they are gone and theres no point checking back periodically during the morning?

• Advertisement

I just got two standing on the artist presale link (and tickets are still available):

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/supergrass-dublin-29-05-2025/event/18006134A125926B?did=artpre

I treated myself to a good ticket because I also missed them in the Olympia last time! Can't wait now. It's around the time of my birthday so I said what the hell! Half the price of Coldplay tickets, even for a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

2 x Standing sorted in the Three Presale fairly easily. Was shocked it went so smooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭fluke

1 standing sorted. The 9am sale time was a little less convenient, than say, a 10 am slot, but got it done.

Yes 10am would have suited me much better also. Who's up for a boards.ie meet up?

Febuary 2020. My last gig before covid. But what a good one it was

TM complaining about suspicious account activity is sometimes because you are on a VPN, nearly caught me out a few times when I have been in the office when all internet traffic goes via our VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Or if you're on a laptop try your phone instead or vice versa

In eventually. Standing. Nice one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement