Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House sale 2002

• 18-09-2024 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3

how can i find out the price my parents home sold for in 2002 in Athlone, i am not tech savy, so any assistance i would be very gratful

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Predates the property price register so that info is private/not in the public domain.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 Shane691

I know it predates the Register that’s why I’m hoping there must be away surely

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

If you know what solicitors they used you could ask them? I imagine Revenue would have a record for stamp duty as well but not sure who they would give that information to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 Shane691

Thanks I actually applied for a copy of the grant of probate it arrived today, the grant was issued in 1999 no inheritance tax needed to be payed net amount was was £84,501,50 the housed wasn’t sold till 2002 but the probate valued just happened the amount shared out to the Beneficiaries, but no one asked to see what the house was actually sold for, if you get my drift?

Advertisement