Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neck Pain...

• 19-09-2024 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5

Hi all,

Ive been shooting shotgun for about 6 months now.

I have had pretty bad neck pain for the past 2 / 3 months. Ive definitely pulled or damaged something.

My form isnt that far off i dont think. I took a 3 week break and it started easing but literally every time i go shooting i have really bad pain. Cant turn my head kind of pain. Like I slept really badly with my neck in a horrible position.

Anyone else have issues like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Go to a physio or doctor preferably both , it's most likely just agitating some injury or tight muscle you caused some other way

I've never heard of shooting causing a shoulder injury but can definitely make existing problems worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Quick question ,do you get a clicking or grinding noise if you roll your head around your neck and is the pain in either or both triceps muscles,in the neck shoulder area?

If so,welcome to my world.You might have arthritis, or the start of it in your neck.Thats the bad news.Good news is that it is the final diagnosis verified by a CAT scan and after they have run you thru the phiso (which aggravated the problem)and the usual and non helping in my case topical deep heat ointments and anti inflammatory meds.Even then the problem if you catch it early enough is treatable by a neck injection into the affected area.

Better news is with shooting its not recoil related.Its caused by positioning your neck on a badly fitting stock on the shotgun.I get it bad if I am shooting prone with a rifle at target matches.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement